The Porcupine Tree Thread

Here's some songs to download:

Blackest Eyes
Sound of Muzak
Stranger By The Minute
Strip The Soul
Trains

Those are some of their catchier/more accessable tunes.

NineFeetUnderground said:
what equipment was used on still life (in hopes to recreate that album?).
:lol:

group F*: Wise prog nerds, who proceed to bash the stuff liked by the aforementioned groups A and B, and make it quite obvious and visible.

* this group is currently limited to 1 member.

Porcupine Tree is, for many of us, a serendipitous discovery, and we have Opeth to thank. I like how personal some of the songs are, truly emotional stuff for a prog band.

Examples:
"Shesmovedon" --A wistful, resigned look at a recent breakup.

"Russia on Ice" -- How many of us have drowned our sorrows with liquor? And who here can't relate to the lines 'you think I deserve this?...you said I was stupid"

"Heartattack in a Layby" -- The haunting five note refrain. Wilson saying, "don't feel so good". So sadly beautiful. Surprised this one never made it as background music in a movie or reality TV show.

"Feel So Low" -- I hope the girl who inspired this song feels like shit every time she hears it.

Moonlapse said:
Okay guys bear with me... I'm gonna try something new. Bout to try and merge all the recent PT threads with this one, to see whether we can make life here a little less frustrating.

haha it's a little confusing, but it works fine

R0l0 said:
:lol:

group F*: Wise prog nerds, who proceed to bash the stuff liked by the aforementioned groups A and B, and make it quite obvious and visible.

* this group is currently limited to 1 member.

group G: those who feel inferior and/or intimidated by group F, so they attempt to insult group F by remarking how much more group F knows than that of group G. ;)

group H: Those members of group F who feel members of other groups are trying to insult them and as a result misconcievingly classify them into group G. :)

As President For Life of group D, I call a truce between groups A through X (excluding E), so that we may wage war on group E, thus creating harmony amongst the peoples of the world, and bringing balance to the force.

verj13_matrix.jpg

Is it because Steven Wilson wears glasses, that you like Porcupine Tree?