The Probably Stoppable MMA Thread

Joe until you can start getting your shit straight, STFU ok? At least take a peak at UFC.com before you post.

I thought that Minotauro was going to get Frank down on a tap out. But Frank played it smart avoided the grappling. I thought Minotauro was going to win but i was surprised at Frank's performance when I watched the fight.

It's the second time he's said "UFC 93" in the wrong context. I don't care if he's a noob to the sport, but he should at least check his facts before he makes wrong posts.

I thought that Minotauro was going to get Frank down on a tap out. But Frank played it smart avoided the grappling. I thought Minotauro was going to win but i was surprised at Frank's performance when I watched the fight.
I was ashamed of Nog's performance and impressed with Mir's. I don't mean to take anything away from Mir, he fought the best fight I've ever seen from him. He's definitely deserving of a rematch against Lesnar for the title. I'm not so sure he'll get past him this time though. Lesnar improves 200% every time he fights. And I bet he's going to get some serious bjj training for this one too.

That said, Nog looked old and stiff and to be honest, I didn't think it looked like he even felt like being in the octagon. He got caught with the same combo about 7 or 8 times and went down on 3 of them. Did he even land a punch the entire fight? It looked he was trying to let Mir wear himself out by blocking punches with his head. I think all the damage Nog has taken over his career is finally getting to him. It would have been nice to see him at least attempt to get the fight on the ground. It hurt to watch someone so talented and inspirational get pounded in the way Nog did. To anyone who saw Nog fight for the first time this weekend, he's ten million times better than that.

Congrats to Mir. He won fair and square with a smart gameplan and I truly hope he beats Lesnar again because Mir is finally starting to look like the animal he was before his motorcycle accident.

I bet Rampage feels like 10 billion dollars right now. What a brutal KO. The follow up punches after Silva went down were completely unnecessary, but no fighter stops until the ref pushes them off. Rampage could have stopped but he didn't, so I'll chalk it up to GRUDGE MATCH REVENGE after all the shit Silva talked. I never picked a winner for this fight because I like both guys. I figured Silva had Jackson's number, having KO'd him twice already and all of Rampage's recent outside the octagon mental issues. 'Page looked nervous (dare I say even terrified) walking to the octagon and at the stare down. But he pulled through. Wandy's legs were twitching after that KO. I wonder where his career goes now. He's been brutally KO'd in 3 of his last 5 fights. We're talkin' out COLD and STIFF.

I had a feeling Rashad was gonna pound Forrest's tits off. There's something utterly amazing in the water at Greg Jackson's camp. I'm not sure I'd pick against any of his fighters right now.

the ref did try to push him over, but he's no john mccarthy. i dont think anyone would've been able to stop him from giving those extra punches...

Haha I agree. That's gotta be the best feeling Rampage has ever felt, to extract such revenge on a guy that's literally almost killed him twice.

Sleepy time for Wanderlei.

o0rns1.jpg

Brock Lesnar? That guy is all over the fucking place, haha! WWE, MMA, NFL football, now UFC. I know shit about UFC but I predict Lesnar will beat Mir. I'm surprised how poorly Nog did against Mir.

The fight hasn't even been announced officially yet. My guess is sometime in Summer of 09.

Mir isnt 220lb Couture. The guy weighs over 255
I havent seen their first fight, but is big enough to fight Brock.
and if Mir continues to show that amazing standup, he should destroy Brock.
But of course, Brock can lay planet earth out if he wanted. The guy is a freak.

Are you fucking kidding, we gotta wait that long? Fucking balls.
There are plenty of other fights lined up before that. January 31st, BJ Penn vs GSP 2... That's got "FIGHT OF THE YEAR" written all over it in huge bold capitalized letters. Those are two of the best, most well rounded MMA fighters on the planet... each of them are leaps and bounds more exciting to watch than Mir and Lesnar combined.

Not to mention, all fighters go through mandatory medical suspension periods after each fight, no matter how much damage they take. Of course if you get KTFO like Wanderlei did, you're gonna be suspended longer than Mir will get after coming out of his fight in flawless condition.

Just be happy that MMA is so popular and easily accessible now and before you know it you'll be seeing ads for "Lesnar vs Mir, the REMATCH!"

I'm just putting it out there on this post for reference... I'm predicting that Lesnar/Mir 2 will end up on the UFC 100 card and we'll see the most produced event the UFC has ever put on. I can't speculate any other fights yet, but I bet that card will be completely stacked.

Mir isnt 220lb Couture. The guy weighs over 255
I havent seen their first fight, but is big enough to fight Brock.
and if Mir continues to show that amazing standup, he should destroy Brock.
But of course, Brock can lay planet earth out if he wanted. The guy is a freak.
Lesnar pounded Mir's face in during the first fight. Then he made a mistake and tried to jump away at the wrong time and simply got caught. I promise you Lesnar has learned from that, and if he gets his hammerfists anywhere near Mir's head again, it's gonna be light's out for Frank. Hell, it damn near happened the first fight. Mir got crushed until Lesnar made a mistake.

That said, I hope Mir wins. I hate the hype around Lesnar and I'd like to see a more experienced fighter who's paid all his dues in the sport holding that belt.