The PROPER 08/03/07 Nevermore show Review

Anvil

Brain Bubbled
Jun 2, 2004
So I left Friday morning, drove 3 1/2 hours straight (Amazing considering the size of my bladder) and met up with Will, Laura and Eric at the hotel. They berated me with questions regarding my Canadianism and were convinced that I have a crazy accent.

So after we finally got into our rooms, we hit up my Jeep to Quiznos. On the way I decided it was a great idea to drive on a sidewalk down the road. We arrived uninjured, and feasted. The food eventually made me feel sick, and gave me some horrible ass pains, which were unable to be relieved until AFTER the concert.

So we eventually made our way to the venue, where I found several areas of which classified as crappy 4x4ing while on main roads. This did not bode well with Will's stomach, and caused some impressive dry heaves. After being told to piss off because we were too early arriving at the venue, we went to the BURGER KING (Good memory Laura) and waited for Jewben.

Back the venue and waited around. Caught up with Devy_Metal (Josh, that we remember).

So the starter bands.

MTF: Horrible.
Hatefist: Horrible.
2 Headed Chang: Horrible.
Pinch: Not bad at first, but all the songs sounded the same, hence dubbed horrible.
Drowning Mary: Horrible.

All the bands sounded basically the same, except Pinch. They were all okay showmen, but that was it. MTF had the Gene Hoglan of bass guitar, so that makes them the best of the openers.

Nevermore

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Amazing. Warrel was on the top of his game, Jeff as impressive as always, Tim took Jim's place and did really well, but seemed separate from the bad the whole time. Chris was also great, again, as always. Van impressed me the most. His one drum-stick drumming due to breaking a ton of sticks was extremely impressive, and he plays flawless. It could be I realized him more because I love watching drummers, but I still think he kicked a lot of damn ass.

My experience in the crowd wasn't bad. Some crazy old fat chick who was all over the singer in Drowned Mary decided it was cool to try and get to the front. She continued to yell and whine and me to try and get us to move for her, and we refused. She eventually fought her way in on the other side of me, and tried to push me out of the front the whlole time. She started getting really angry, tried to rip my ear off, with my ear plug, then she kept groping the singer, and then the singer decided to kick me in the face. Someone kept ruffling my hair too, which was quite annoying.

Anyways, during the Nevermore set it was great. Glad to see Deconstruction and No More Will, as well as all the other songs of course.

So now we're sittin' around in the hotel.