Back from Munich... (Nevermore/Disturbed)

eromreveN

New Metal Member
Sep 15, 2006
Before driving to Munich i got the message that Warrel and Jim are on the way with train from Dortmund to Munich (the others were already there).
Ok, i thought after all the bad luck in Germany (Bang your Head, Earthshaker Festival, Bochum) this evening everything will be good....
But after the first group we waited and waited and waited and finally they came on stage played 5 Songs and leave the stage :-(
The solution: again bad luck! The train was delayed and so they missed a following train. The others waited behind the stage and didn't know if Warrel and Jim arrive in time. In short words: next train, directly from the cab on stage, much too late, 5 songs.

Setlist:
River Dragon
Final Product
Narco
Enemies
4 Walls

The normal Setlist at the Disturbed Tour contains 10 Songs but i remember only Sentient6, I Voyager and TGE

Warrel looked better/good but Jim is not in good condition (now it seems that he has the same like Warrel). After the Show they went directly to the hotel and we had a nice time with the rest (Jeff, Van and Chris) at the bus.

Hey sometimes it feels like they should have their personal ambulance instead of a coach, but they work so hard and tour so much, there's no wonder the guys are sometimes having trouble.
Whatever happens though, the real fans are there to encourage Nevermore and rejoice. Even if they played 5 songs only, I'm sure they gave 200% and you've been moshing like mad!

I was at Bochum and I was frustrated to hear the show was cancelled, as everybody. For an hour, my friends and me thought it was a huge, stupid joke! We had a few german beers, made friends and you know, just the news that Warrel was in hospital brought a wave of so much sympathy to all the fans, we didn't care so much about the gig. There will be others. Warrel and Jim and Steve should really take care of themselves, that's what matter most.

I plan to see Nevermore 5 times this year, and I flew more than 2000 miles this week to go to see them. I don't care. It was not a waste of time: I made new Nevermore fans, had a good night, and it's great to give the band some support just by being there, even though they are not.

To whoever could still want to criticise them: just think how little time they have with their families, how painful it must be to sing or play when you have serious health problems but you still do it anyway, out of respect for the fans. Just think of how mant gigs they played this year, all the travel... it may seem cool, but i'm sure it's a tough life, in the end. So be welcome to criticise if you think you could live like that too, but honestly they deserve respect.

Deathsinger666 said:
For an hour, my friends and me thought it was a huge, stupid joke!

Do i catch that drift.
I thought the cancellation in Antwerp, Metal Odyssey 2001 was a joke, too.
Stupidity nagged me that day.
:(

BUT! I'm glad to hear they díd play yesterday.
:kickass: