The Recording of "Woods 3"...

Zyklon of Ypres, lmao.

From the looks of the promo pics, it looks like the new album is gonna be a lot more heavier and less melodic...but that's only because David looks like he wants to brutally kill somebody in every pic, haha.

From the looks of the promo pics, it looks like the new album is gonna be a lot more heavier and less melodic...
It's still very melodic, but also much heavier and tighter than anything we've done before.
...but that's only because David looks like he wants to brutally kill somebody in every pic, haha.
That's pretty accurate. That's what we're going for this time around. :kickass:

As for the "Woods of Zyklon", I do actually have a long Dimmu/Zyklon-ish leather jacket, and purposely chose not wear it for these photos to avoid the similarities to them, and all of that. I feel that were still doing 'our own thing' in our photos and the new album will be even more proof of us doing 'our own thing' overall as a band.

Needless to say, I can't wait until "Woods 3" is out!!! Yet more work to be done this weekend.

I've had "Pursuit of the Sun...." for some time now. I liked it right at first, but it took awhile to really click with me. Once it did though, holy shit! Absolutely incredible stuff David and I have to say the way you layered the vocals is awesome, I tell everyone how impressive it is that you did clean over clean, clean over high growls over low growls...etc..:headbang: And the lyrics are amazing too, very deep stuff and yet makes tons of sense to me.

I'll be looking to get the first album soon and ready for the new one the second it's out. It's cool that you post here with updates and interact with the fans, makes the anticipation build bigtime! I hope you can schedule a tour date here in Phoenix, I absolutely will not miss it...:kickass:

Thanks for the great music, keep it coming!

Seth

The only thing you need now dave is this:

zakk_guitar.jpg

:p

Décadent said:
Yeah dude, with those skillz you could just as easily have designed your own book cover and pwned my puny ass. :worship:

:lol: I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to hurt your feelings by actually saying it.

Recording Update:

Dan Hulse and I are going up north to the studio again this weekend to continue to track the guitars for "Woods 3". Our cars are packed with gear and beers - ready to go! Because of the holiday in Canada on Monday, we'll have three solid days to make progress this time around. + It will be nice to get away from the madness of the city and the traffic and the internet and the bullshit for a few days and actually be able to focus on this stuff in peace, with a clear head.

Enjoy your (long) weekend everyone! Wish us luck! :)

Any news from this weekend?
Yeah! We successfully recorded guitars for five songs (so 1/3 of the album). We used my Gibson SG on the left for the chuggier rythym parts, my BC Rich Warlock on the right (with the EMG-60 pickup) for the faster thrashier parts, through my Marshal Mode 4 amp for the rythym, and a Masrshall JCM2000 (borrowed from our good friend Paul :kickass: ) for the leads. Very seldomly do the two guitars play the same riff (the same way at the same time) so the combined result is HUGE in terms of the layered notes and subtleties within the wall of sound of the two riffs always working together.

We got up to the studio late on Friday night, we did set up and 'sounds' all day Saturday and then recorded all Sunday and Monday. The weekend was rounded out with BBQ, "Hockey Night in Canada" on TV and consuming a ton of fucking beers in the evenings. Real "Canadian Cottage Country" kind of stuff, eh?! btw - aside from being a madman recording genius and overall dark and evil human being, Dan Hulse is a pretty good cook! :p

We took some pictures that we'll post eventually, as time permits. The plan is to tackle the next five songs next weekend and keep this things rolling. It's back to the grind at our 'jabs' this morning!!! :heh:

More news soon! Thanks for your interest!!!