The Religion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2006
let this thread be where we discuss religions,rather than having these discussions almost in every where.

paradoxile statments really cought my attention..

‎
Islam on the other hand was not derived by any way from ‎Judaism but considers the jewish prophets ‎holy(Aberaham,Moses etc‏...)‏
‎
Muslims believe not only in Jewish prophets but also in their ‎holy scriptures like the Torah for example,in fact to be a muslim ‎you must believe in that.‎

‎
‎
Muhammad called the jews barbarians after they refused to ‎follow him as the new messiah...
First how would you know if the Jews in the Al Medina (the place ‎where Muhammad was living) were truly Jews, what if they ‎where Arabs who followed the Jewish faith?
If that is the case then, they are not jewish, their blood is ‎Arabian, no matter what they do they can't be Jewish.:Smug: ‎‎
They had Arabic names ,they spoke Arabic,they were living ‎with arabs in the Al Madina for two centuries before ‎Mohammad was born.‎

Second, how come you know that Muhammad called these ‎Jewish "barbarians"?‎

The prophet can't sat such things coz That completely contradicts the Quran; the Quran says that no one is allowed to force someone else to be a Muslim, hence ‎you can't despise him / her for not being a one.‎
Muslims were living with other ‎non-muslim people for centuries, they only took from them ‎certain amount of money, and in return the Muslims defend ‎them against invaders.And they were NOT FORCED to be Muslims.‎

‎
he signed a 2 year seice fire with the jews and the day it expired ‎he massacred 2000 jews.
‎
I guess you meant seize..anyways, sorry but that does not make any sense.
your saying that as if the muslims betrayed the jews not the opposite..
well I am going to tell the real story so you might understand what really happaned.

The Al madina jews hated Muhammed from the first place,when he came to Al madina.
but why??
because they knew, and it was written in their Torah that the last prophet is an arabian and not a jew.
The meccans asked rabbis from Al Madina if Muhammad was really the expected prophet,The rabbis told the meccans to ask Muhammad 3 questions.
and even after Muhammad answerd them right,they were still not convinced.
The meccans hated muhammad very much to extent that made him and his folowers depart from his own city to Al madina(where the jews were living).

There were many Jewish clans in Al Madina more than twenty, of which three were prominent-the Banu Nadir, the Banu Qaynuqa, and the Banu Qurayza.(notice the Arabic names)

According to most sources, individuals from among these clans plotted to take his life at least twice, and once they came within a bite of poisoning
him. Two of the tribes--the Banu Nadir and the Banu Qaynuqa--were eventually exiled for falling short on their agreed upon commitments and for the consequent danger they posed to the nascent Muslim community.

The danger was great. During this period, the Meccans were actively trying to dislodge Muhammad militarily, twice marching large armies to Medina. Muhammad was nearly killed in the first engagement, on the plains of Uhud just outside of Medina. In their second and final military push against Medina, now known as the Battle of the Trench, the Meccans recruited allies from northwestern Arabia to join the fight, including the assistance of the two exiled Jewish tribes. In addition, they sent envoys to the largest Jewish tribe still in Medina, the Banu Qurayza, hoping to win their support. The Banu Qurayza's crucial location on the south side of Medina would allow the Meccans to attack Muhammad from two sides.

The Banu Qurayza were hesitant to join the Meccan alliance, but when a substantial Meccan army arrived, they agreed.

As a siege began, the Banu Qurayza nervously awaited further developments. Learning of their intention to defect and realizing the grave danger this posed, Muhammad initiated diplomatic efforts to keep the Banu Qurayza on his side. Little progress was made. In the third week of the siege, the Banu Qurayza signaled their readiness to act against Muhammad, although they demanded that the Meccans provide them with hostages first, to ensure that they wouldn't be abandoned to face Muhammad alone. Yet that is exactly what happened. The Meccans, nearing exhaustion themselves, refused to give the Banu Qurayza any hostages. Not long after, cold, heavy rains set in, and the Meccans gave up the fight and marched home, to the horror and dismay of the Banu Qurayza.

The Muslims now commenced a 25-day siege against the Banu Qurazya's fortress. Finally, both sides agreed to arbitration. A former ally of the Banu Qurayza, an Arab chief named Sa'd ibn Muadh, now a Muslim, was chosen as judge. Sa'd, one of the few casualties of battle, would soon die of his wounds. If the earlier tribal relations had been in force, he would have certainly spared the Banu Qurayza. His fellow chiefs urged him to pardon these former allies, but he refused. In his view, the Banu Qurayza had attacked the new social order and failed to honor their agreement to protect the town. He ruled that all the men should be killed. Muhammad accepted his judgment, and the next day, according to Muslim sources, 700 men of the Banu Qurayza were executed. Although Sa'd judged according to his own views, his ruling coincides with Deuteronomy 20:12-14.

I really hope this would work.

There is no mention in the torrah of the last saviour being an arab...or anything of this sort.
also Arabs that accepted Judaism are considered Jews...it wasn't a question of race.

but let's set aside both things...Muhammad had his hands emersed in other people's blood...that by itself makes me doubt his holiness.
It's true that the hebrew people fought many times in the bible and their spiritual leaders/prophets(like Samuel) were bloody too and that's what I don't like about both religions...

people who are truely messengers from god would have found ways to solve conflicts without the use of force and the middle easrt could have been the most enlightened and tolorent place on earth.

Jesus for instance showed it's possible to be otherwise but eventually even christianity very hypocritically went against his teachings in his name.

I've been looking through some of the less dominant religions and I found something that is very appealing in the bahai faith...the whole idea of accepting others faiths and the whole idea of unity of humanity and very progressive thinking. though there are things that I don't agree with on a cosmic level, it's a faith that is not tainted in blood and is not a get rich scheme by anyone and is a very accepting...
this kind of openmindedness can actually get us as humans somewhere

I don't mean to offend any Muslims, but wasn't Muhammed a gigolo?

The Jews in the Arabic countries were Jews. They were either called Sepharadim if they originated from Spain, or they followed similar customs called Eidut Hamizrach. They had the same last names and spoke the same languages, but so did the Jews in Poland, Russia, Germany, Austria etc.

I have never seen anywhere in the Torah about an Arabian prophet. Unless I see a quote or which verse to look at, I will not believe such a bold statement.

Jesus had nothing to do with Christianity. That religion was not established for many, many decades after his death. Christianity based their religion on his teachings, as well as himself. But anything he said or any of his actions cannot be mitigated or rectified by the actions of Christianity.

99% in agreement with you

the remaining 1% is the muhammed gigolo thing...embassies were burned for these kind of statements.

There is no mention in the torrah of the last saviour being an arab...or anything of this sort.

I have never seen anywhere in the Torah about an Arabian prophet. Unless I see a quote or which verse to look at, I will not believe such a bold statement.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
like unto thee,
and I will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." Deut.18:18.

We have here two possibilities either he was referring to Jesus or Muhammad, but since he said “like unto thee” I am going to do a compare and contrast between the lives of the three prophets Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad.
And after then draw your own conclusions .

The unlikes between Moses and Jesus:
1. According to Christianity 'JESUS IS A GOD', but Moses is not God. He is a prophet.
2. 'JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD', but Moses did not have to die for the sins of the world.
3. "Moses was born in the normal, natural course, i.e. the physical association of man and woman; but
Jesus was created by a special miracle.
4. Moses was married with children unlike Jesus.
5. Moses Death was because of natural causes unlike Jesus who died violently
according to Christianity

The Similarities between Moses and Muhammad:
1. Moses had a father and a mother. Muhammad also had a father and a mother.
But Jesus had only a mother, and no human father
2. Both of Moses and Muhammad were forced to depart from their country of birth (Moses to Median and
Muhammad to Al Madina)
3. Both of Moses and Muhammad were married with children.
4. Moses and Muhammad were prophets as well as kings
5. Moses and Muhammad died due to natural causes

“I will raise them up a Prophet from among their BRETHREN”

If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham, then they are brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the children of the other. The children of Isaac are the Jews and the Children of Ishmael are the Arabs - so they are BRETHREN to one another.

Actually, there is no historical evidence that the arabs of today are actually descended from Ishmael.
Very often, kings would uproot people from one country to bring them to their own country as loyal citizens, as well as kicking out his own people who he felt were not loyal.
There is also a lot of evidence that shows that the Islamic Arabs and the Arabs that descended from Ishmael are completely different in physical characteristics.
Ishmaelites were scattered throughout the world. Many of them were also killed. There is no way to determine who the Ishmaelites actually are now.

Israelites kept similar traditions, as well as written records for when they were scattered and killed.

"Their brethren" does not imply brethren of the Jews. It means brethren of the nation that he will rise out of. That could have even meant Bilam, who was considered an even greater prophet than Moses (the Torah does not go in chronological order, and Deuteronomy is like a summary of the whole Torah). If that verse meant that he would rise from the Jews' brethren, it would have said "your brethren" like it did 3 verses earlier in relation to future Jewish prophets.

Actually, there is no historical evidence that the arabs of today are actually descended from Ishmael.

I won't talk now about the whole race I'll be specific:
Muhammad was the son of Abd Allah, son of Abd-ul-Muttalib, son of Hashim, son of Abdu Manaf, son of Qusay, son of Kilab, son of Hakeem, son of Kaab, son of Luayy, son of Ghalib, son of Fihr, son of Malik, son of Qays, son of Kinanah, son of Khuzaymah, son of Mudrikah, son of Ilyas, son of Mudhar, son of Nizar, son of Maad, son of Adnan, son of Udd, son of Muqawwam, son of Nakhour, son of Tahir, son of Yarub, son of Yashyub, son of Nabit, son of Ismail (ishmael).

There is also a lot of evidence that shows that the Islamic Arabs and the Arabs that descended from Ishmael are completely different in physical characteristics.

read about Epigenetics.

it decribes how the environment affect the human genes.and the affect lasts for generations..
and here is a documentary about it by bbc.
YouTube - BBC Horizon: The Ghost In Your Genes #1
YouTube - BBC Horizon: The Ghost In Your Genes #2
YouTube - BBC Horizon: The Ghost In Your Genes #3
YouTube - BBC Horizon: The Ghost In Your Genes #4
YouTube - BBC Horizon: The Ghost In Your Genes #5

also Arabs that accepted Judaism are considered Jews...it wasn't a question of race.

so if you converted to another religion rather than Judisam that means you are not a jew anymore,on the other hand if someone is not from Jewish mother and accepted Judisam it Immediately makes him/her a Jew.Right?

but let's set aside both things...Muhammad had his hands emersed in other people's blood

At least now you know why the 700 Jews were excuted, right?
the sentence did not contradict the Torah,Beside that both parties have chosen a Judge.So I don't see any problom if that is the case.

blacken_the_angel you know your stuff well keep it up ;)

anyway come to think of it..there is always room for doubt, be it Jesus, Muhammed or any other "holy" man. Ultimately the follower has to ask him/herself whether he/she will question the authenticity or BELIEVE. I believe, that as long as you BELIEVE, you will walk the righteous path.

so if you converted to another religion rather than Judisam that means you are not a jew anymore,on the other hand if someone is not from Jewish mother and accepted Judisam it Immediately makes him/her a Jew.Right?

no man...according to Judaism you can't stop being a jew
that means: if you were born a jew and converted to christianity...then you are called a converted jew(meshumad)...
if you coverted to Judaism, you are called Ger but you are completely jewish and all that applies to born jews applies to you too including the fact that if you choose to covert to another faith or return to your old faith(prior to judaism) you will still be considered a jew(meshumad).

At least now you know why the 700 Jews were excuted, right?
the sentence did not contradict the Torah,Beside that both parties have chosen a Judge.So I don't see any problom if that is the case.

It doesn't contredict the Torrah moreover it has nothing to do with it.
and as I said...In any case bloodshed is not justified...

it's very conveniant to enterpret scriptures in a certain way so it suits your cause...everyone do it but that doesn't make those things right and the reason for it is that when you are looking for a connection, you'll always find one even if it really doesn't exist

I don't care about what happened (in fact no, but we've to see far away in the future and see what can we do)

this thread is interesting in the way to understand what happened. But find the common points and walk together!

I don't care about what happened (in fact no, but we've to see far away in the future and see what can we do)

this thread is interesting in the way to understand what happened. But find the common points and walk together!

that's the reason I mentioned the Bahai faith

Status
Not open for further replies.