The return of No Doubt

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
From a post by Gwen on the No Doubt forum:

Hey No Doubters

Been thinking so much about you all lately as I am back in the studio again with the boys trying to write some new music. What an amazing few years it has been. So inspired going through the dance record phase of my life. Thank you so much for all your support! The tour was incredible. We ended up doing over 100 shows around the world and it was so rewarding and again inspiring. Thank you to everyone who came out to see it...memories for life! Great to be home with with all my boys. Feels crazy to be pregnant all over again!!!!! We have been spending every day up in the little studio in our house trying to write music. My favorite part so far is just seeing the guys everyday and hanging out. We have so much fun together. The songwriting part is a bit slow on my part...I think it has something to do with the baby in my belly but I'm sure it is all of the process and I really believe this could be the most inspired No Doubt record so far. Cant wait to see what happens. All my love g

YAY!!! I've been waiting patiently for her to get that harajuku dance crap out of her system..SO happy to hear that No Doubt is back in the studio!! Yippee!! :hotjump:

I've been a fan of No Doubt since 1995. Tragic Kingdom was getting a bit of circulation, but not much airplay. I've seen them in concert and enjoyed every minute of it. Their CD's are in huge rotation during my car driving and motorcycle riding time. Thanks for posting this Jax! :)

Sorry to temporarilly hi-jack this thread, but...

Dude, there's an "e" in yer Whisky.

~B

A short lesson on the accepted spellings for "The Water of Life".

"The spelling whisky is generally used for those distilled in Scotland, Wales, Canada, and Japan, while whiskey is used for the spirits distilled in Ireland and in the United States as well. International law reserves the term "Scotch whisky" to those whiskies produced in Scotland; Scottish law specifies that the whisky must be aged for a minimum of three years, in oak casks. Whiskies produced in other countries in the Scotch style must use another name. Similar conventions exist for "Irish whiskey," "Canadian whisky," and "Bourbon Whiskey." In North America, as well as in Continental Europe the abbreviated term "Scotch" is usually used for "Scotch Whisky." In England, Scotland, and Wales, the term "Whisky" almost always refers to "Scotch Whisky", and the term "Scotch" is rarely used by itself. The Welsh version is wysgi."

It'll always be Uisce Beatha to me.

SRS

And of course, to anyone who has seen "HOT ROD", the term wHisky has a very different meaning...

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=X-dWDGjsYRA[/ame]

~B

Back on topic, I hated No Doubt when I first heard them. But, after watching VH1's Behind the Music, I was drawn in and eventually bought their "best of" disc. When Gwen went on her own I just absolutely hated her music. This is good news. I hope they sound like the "good" No Doubt and are not influenced by her solo stuff at all.