The River Dragon Hath Come: Cover (feat J Locke, 5150, Slate drums, Schecter Loomis)

Great job dude. Sounds a little like a Recto through a Marshall Cab. Probably the best Impulse tone I have heard. It doesn't have that typical flat/undynamic tone impulses deliver. Nice job on the dual leads starting around the 3:30'ish mark. Tight.

Hey Kev...I know I'm late to this thread (been away a few days...check my Off Topic Tavern thread :D)...but this sounds freakin' fantastic!!! Great job! I can't say much more then that. And John...I wouldn't expect anything less from you. ;) Great job, as always!

Thanks to everyone for the nice words and thanks to Kev for letting me help out on this. We did it so long ago that I had forgotten about it, so it was a nice surprise when it popped up. Great job Kev, you did top notch work.

John, great job on the vox dude; I have to admit I wish you would've stayed a bit closer to the original rhythms, but that's probably just cuz I'm so used to hearing the original.
Thanks Marcus. Unfortunately I hadn't ever heard the original until Kev sent it to me, and I just listened through it a few times and threw it down as best I could. I only had a few hours to work on it, so it could have been better I know. Wish I would have been able to do a few takes and comped a better track together.
Vocals are really off in delivery on a lot of lines - love the vocalist, but he needs to hug the beat better!
I sent a pm to Kev about this also. I was working from a rough demo version, and it sounds like our BPM's were slightly off because the vocals are coming in about 60ms off the beats, so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe Kev can nudge it into place.

And John...I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Great job, as always!
Thanks Mark! And my best to Alex. Congrats to you and your wife. Just took my son to see BLS and we had a great time. NOTHING like being a dad.

Anyway, I'm taking a bit of time off so it was nice to hear all the compliments to keep me going until I can take on my next vocal project.

Great job dude. Sounds a little like a Recto through a Marshall Cab. Probably the best Impulse tone I have heard. It doesn't have that typical flat/undynamic tone impulses deliver. Nice job on the dual leads starting around the 3:30'ish mark. Tight.

Thanks man, thats a lot coming from the tone hunter himself! :kickass:

Hey Kev...I know I'm late to this thread (been away a few days...check my Off Topic Tavern thread :D)...but this sounds freakin' fantastic!!! Great job! I can't say much more then that. And John...I wouldn't expect anything less from you. ;) Great job, as always!

Glad you dig it Mark! And also, CONGRATS! :headbang:

Well done again Johnny, I will pull the vocal back 60ms and see what happens :) After that, I never want to see this project file again :lol:

Andy replaced the kick 100% for dead heart IIRC. I bought the samples cheaply from here http://alesisd4.com/ although its probably illegal as I found out after seeing this in the footer-

"Alesisd4.com is not operated in affiliation with Alesis™ Corp. Copyright © 2008 Alesis D4 Drum Samples - The Best Version Ever. All rights reserved "

Bastards.

Thats fucked up.

Think I dl'ed Alesis D4 Drum Samples for free. If I remember correctly they where inside a samples pack called "Drum Machines" Someone linked it here some time ago.

wow late on this one ...kev sounds fuckin great man luv the tone and mix...John you rule man great job to both of you!:headbang:

Sounds so fuckin' AMAZING!!! :OMG: Great work, dude! :worship:

Dzięki Urgul :kickass:

Awesome mix! That guitar tone is perfect! I want a 5150!!

haha glad you like it! I wouldnt say 5150 was the key here tho, although it certainly helped things :loco:

wow late on this one ...kev sounds fuckin great man luv the tone and mix...John you rule man great job to both of you!:headbang:

Thanks Zakk :headbang:

FWIW this riff is slaying me:

(--------------------------------------)------------------------------------)
(-----------5---------5---5-7-5---5----)----------5-------------------------)
(---5-8-7-8---8-7-8-7---8-------8---7~-)--5-8-7-8---8-7-8-4-7-5-7-8-7-5-7-4-)

I know I will get it eventually but the alternate picking and palm muting the low strings along with the 3th finger action is just driving me nuts. I can't believe how tough this is to play clean, especially with my high string action (I know, poor excuse). It looks like the easiest riff but it's just killing me and makes me wonder if Jeff writes shit like this simply to discourage folks like me from playing my axe.

Please someone else vouch for me that this puppy is more difficult than it looks!!!!

FWIW this riff is slaying me:

(-----------5---------5---5-7-5---5----)----------5---------------3---------)
(---5-8-7-8---8-7-8-7---8-------8---7~-)--5-8-7-8---8-7-8-4-7-5-7---7-5-7-4-)

That's the way I play it btw. And yes it is a little tricky. After I changed to a lighter string gauge it was a little easier to be honest...you're using loomis's string setup?