The Serpent's Kiss

If I had to introduce someone to Symphony X with this album and could only play one song, I'd go with Walls of Babylon.

Man...not even this album. If I had to introduce someone to them at ALL I would from now on, use The Walls of Babylon. It's so insanely brutal and melodic. I'm beside myself with the rape of this track man.

Fucking - "Skies are mad with thunder, with their lighting fire"

End of story. GAHHHH I wanna go rape, pillage, and plunder now!!!

If you wanna use a single song Sea of Lies is better for that purpose! Seriously it gets people hooked on the band. It does the trick.

I don't think anything off paradise lost is what would get people hooked, I mean older symphony x sounds really differ. It would be wiser to get them into sea of lies, inferno, kinda songs than once theyyve reached fan status you can show them the new and differ pwnage of paradise lost! And I still say TSK fits in just fine, its one of my faves on the album!

Does TSK seem off to anyone else? Doesn't sound like S-X to me for some reason. Don't get me wrong, it's good...just doesn't seem like a "grand" song that you would introduce people to the band with. Those are the one's that rape :lol:

I listened to it a couple times and no matter what, could never like it. It's usually a bad thing when you try to force yourself to like a song.

...Aaaand if I were to use any song to introduce someone to Symphony X and it had to be from this album it'd have to be "Set the World on Fire". :D

-shrug- As stated before...I officially converted. The song fuckin' rapes all face in and out. That chorus just pulls you in so well. Love the breakdown too at around 1:20. :headbang:

I don't see how anyone can call anything Symphony X filler.

Cleary this is a band that will put forth their greatest effort into each song and not just say, 'We've got 6 minutes left to fill, and an hour to waste, lets add on more just for the hell of it."

You may not like it, but IMO filler isn't a sound, its in the way the song was written and produced.

That is, its only filler if its soul purpose was to fill empty space on the disk.

Symphony X create and sell albums, not a few "hit songs" that are amongst another dozen 3 minute shitty tracks that were only put on there to justify selling it for $20 rather than $3.

Where, if I may ask, did you find the "Tool" in TSK?
It's more like... I don't know.. something that kicks tool's ass.

Agreed. Tool used to be "fun" to listen to. But it's hard listening to music like that after hearing S-X. Everything else is just, mediocre, lol.

well symphony x wrote and recorded it so I'm gonna go ahead and say it is 100% symphony x and 0% anyone else.

I don't care about tool, but all I know is that Symphony X uses stuff from Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven! Which is awesome!

I think that the entire album is for a more metalsh audience thanj all the symx stuuf weve gotten used to. Less symphonic momnets and more shredding and much more heavy singing too.

It's a good album with a lot of energ that will surely open this great band to a bigger audience and det them to realease another album before(!) 2012!