The Serpent's Kiss

pft, j-dub makes several wrong points.. nah kids... Alot of the stuff on the album is...
I also believe that TSK is the song id show to people to introduce them to there new album or symphony x...either that or STWoF

I've completely lost you, once more. Your linguistic skills are beyond comprehension.

Anyway, TSK is a cool song and that harmony thevikingr mentioned is indeed great, well the whole fucking song is great.

Ditto. I dunno, when I heard the title track, PL, I got teary-eyed because that song is so damn epic. Even Domination being a heavy, powerhouse song, it has some sort of Grandiose about it. TSK just seems to me like the filler song, if there was one to be named.

What sucks is it seems to be one of the few they play on tour from the new album. I would kill to see them perform PL live...:worship:

Yeah, The Serpent's Kiss is clearly a filler song. It's so obivious. Why else would they use it as the background music for the Paradise Lost TV spot and why else would they be releasing a music vid for it. Definetly a filler.

And you really think they are just going to play those few songs off the new album during the tour? THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED THE PARADISE LOST TOUR YET. They've just made a few pre-tour shows (or what ever you wanna call them). I'm quite sure they'll play Pl and many other songs from the new album.

Yeah, The Serpent's Kiss is clearly a filler song. It's so obivious. Why else would they use it as the background music for the Paradise Lost TV spot and why else would they be releasing a music vid for it. Definetly a filler.

Say what you want about it "promoting" the album, but that doesn't make it a great song.

THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED THE PARADISE LOST TOUR YET

If they haven't started touring on this album yet...why is the first tour date for the "Paradise Lost World Tour" (on the TOURS page) 12 June, 2007? And this is the 22nd. Explain...and PLEASE prove me wrong so that I have hope the setlist will be good...

Say what you want about it "promoting" the album, but that doesn't make it a great song.

Well, then you should've just said that you don't like the song. not that it's a filler. But yeah, I really got your point in the first time, but I just wanted to be an ass about it. I think that The Serpent's Kiss is a good song. Also, I think that Domination (Which I remember you praising a little) is a bit disapointing. opinions are opinions.

If they haven't started touring on this album yet...why is the first tour date for the "Paradise Lost World Tour" (on the TOURS page) 12 June, 2007? And this is the 22nd. Explain...and PLEASE prove me wrong so that I have hope the setlist will be good...

Well, I don't think they wanted to play too many songs from an album that wasn't released yet. besides, maybe they hadn't had time to practice all the songs to be live-ready yet.

I really don't know too much about Symphony X's older setlists, but I'm quite sure that they played many of the "The Odyssey" songs in The Odyssey tour.
I'm not saying I know they're going to play all the songs from PL, but I believe they'll atleast add some more songs from it to their setlist in future.

Let's hope you're right. For me this set list doesn't make me wanna drive 8 hours to see them for the first time live:

(Set list from late May I believe)

Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Inferno
Evolution
Communion and the Oracle
Smoke and Mirrors
Set the World on Fire
The Serpent's Kiss
King of Terrors
Sea of Lies
The Odyssey

Well, I don't think they wanted to play too many songs from an album that wasn't released yet.
I agree here...maybe soon after the official release it'll change for the better.

Just not enough variety for me on the current list posted. I don't know what it's missing. Doesn't make me jump for joy except maybe one or two songs on it.
I just hope they make some changes before August! :erk:

what i dont like about that set list is its all what youd expect them to play, id prefer a through the looking glass chucked in there or something.

Thats it. I've read so much from people saying they wish that S-X would play the Looking Glass..which I haven't heard yet. Going to listen to it right now.

This shit better be good lol.

For me this set list doesn't make me wanna drive 8 hours to see them for the first time live:

(Set list from late May I believe)

Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Inferno
Evolution
Communion and the Oracle
Smoke and Mirrors
Set the World on Fire
The Serpent's Kiss
King of Terrors
Sea of Lies
The Odyssey

Then don't. It'll be YOUR loss. I remember thinking long before Prog Power 1.0 that it would be cool to see Sy-X just ONCE before I die. They weren't even doing shows in their own country at that point. I think some of you out there are a bit spoiled. If the set list doesn't interest you, then don't go. I hope they change it up on you for the gig you skipped. However, I applaud your intention to drive a distance to see the show. There are people who won't go to shows unless the play right in their city/town. God forbid they have have to drive for an hour....:rolleyes:

Then don't. It'll be YOUR loss. I remember thinking long before Prog Power 1.0 that it would be cool to see Sy-X just ONCE before I die. They weren't even doing shows in their own country at that point. I think some of you out there are a bit spoiled. If the set list doesn't interest you, then don't go. I hope they change it up on you for the gig you skipped. However, I applaud your intention to drive a distance to see the show. There are people who won't go to shows unless the play right in their city/town. God forbid they have have to drive for an hour....

Obviously it will be MY loss seeing how I am the one that will be attending. And I'm not too worried about seeing them before I die, it will happen eventually if not this time around... and what gig are you referring to that I skipped? I'm confused.

It may not seem like a distance to YOU. But I have driven 12 hours to see bands before if I like them enough, which in this case I do...it's all a matter of setlist and seeing them for the first time; I want it to be mind blowing song-wise (for me) if I am gonna fork out 150+ dollars.

Obviously it will be MY loss seeing how I am the one that will be attending. And I'm not too worried about seeing them before I die, it will happen eventually if not this time around... and what gig are you referring to that I skipped? I'm confused.

Maybe.... you never know....never skip an opportunity to see a band you seem to like because the setlist isn't your ideal setlist. Maybe the band will stop touring or God forbid, cease to exist. What I said was if you skip the gig because the setlist doesn't meet your standards, I hope they change it up on the show you (theoretically) skip.....

It may not seem like a distance to YOU. But I have driven 12 hours to see bands before if I like them enough, which in this case I do...it's all a matter of setlist and seeing them for the first time; I want it to be mind blowing song-wise (for me) if I am gonna fork out 150+ dollars.

Don't be an ass, I was seriously applauding your intention to take a long road trip to see the band. You won't be disappointed, especially having never seen them before. Everything is a long distance for me. I have friends who won't drive an hour to see a show. Bottom line, go to the gig, have a good time, and ENJOY your first Sy-X experience. Don't worry or whine about the setlist. Every time I have seen them, they have kicked buckets of ass....

Well, Buckets of Ass sounds good to me.

If the show, does in fact, exist - I'll be there.

I'm going through hell right now trying to get infos on whether or not it's confirmed or not yet. I've sent 4 emails out to different people (the venue, S-X's label) trying for an answer.

Hopefully I am not let down :)

Well, Buckets of Ass sounds good to me.

If the show, does in fact, exist - I'll be there.

I'm going through hell right now trying to get infos on whether or not it's confirmed or not yet. I've sent 4 emails out to different people (the venue, S-X's label) trying for an answer.

Hopefully I am not let down :)

Atlanta show, I'm guessing.....?

Okay, so I interviewed Romeo last week and one of the questions I asked was why they chose this song as their single (even though I totally disagree with those of you calling it a "filler" song, I was still curious as it is a bit different for them). Here's what Romeo had to say:

"In general that seemed to be the song that’s like, it’s what we do but a little different. It still has the things that are us—the heavy guitar riffs, the dynamic vocal, the little orchestral thing—that’s all part of what we do. It’s definitely darker than anything we’ve ever had, but it’s a pretty good representation of the band."

Atlanta show, I'm guessing.....?

Yep...It's like up in the air at the moment as to whether or not its happening or not I guess. So if you find something out before me let me know!

Okay, so I interviewed Romeo last week and one of the questions I asked was why they chose this song as their single (even though I totally disagree with those of you calling it a "filler" song, I was still curious as it is a bit different for them). Here's what Romeo had to say:

"In general that seemed to be the song that’s like, it’s what we do but a little different. It still has the things that are us—the heavy guitar riffs, the dynamic vocal, the little orchestral thing—that’s all part of what we do. It’s definitely darker than anything we’ve ever had, but it’s a pretty good representation of the band."

Awesome post Maiden, very informative to me. I've been listening to it every now and then to try and feel it more; what keeps me coming back to it is the signature vocal sound he has from 1:36 to 2:26 in the song- that part alone makes that song good for me now. Haha.

But yeah, great stuff...I enjoyed reading what he said about it.

edit: to anyone reading this, go listen to King of Terrors right now and FF to 4:20 in the song. That is one of the meanest, most brutal and tight breakdowns I have ever heard.
Man! I hope this band keeps surprising me like that...so damn good.

Also, I thought it was interesting that Romeo pointed out that when Russ was recording in the studio one of his friends had actually betrayed him somehow, so that's why he sounds so convincing on the more aggressive songs like The Serpent's Kiss.