The Serpent's Kiss

Thats it. I've read so much from people saying they wish that S-X would play the Looking Glass..which I haven't heard yet. Going to listen to it right now.

This shit better be good lol.

Wow, you haven't heard that song ?
I loved the book, and when I heard the song it was just amazing to me. I don't play piano, but after I heard that song, I taught myself how to play and am now learning Through the Looking Glass on Piano. That's how much it inspired me. Everything about that song is just beautiful..

On topic:
The Serpent's Kiss is a grand song. It certainly is Symphony X but with a little darker emphasis. That's what I think

Also, I thought it was interesting that Romeo pointed out that when Russ was recording in the studio one of his friends had actually betrayed him somehow, so that's why he sounds so convincing on the more aggressive songs like The Serpent's Kiss.

Just transcribe the whole interview & post it here already! :heh:
Please?:saint:

p.s. Your boyfriend wears girlie socks! :lol:

Just transcribe the whole interview & post it here already! :heh:
Please?:saint:

I'm working on it, as well as my SymX profile for Decibel. I'll get it posted soon, perhaps this weekend.

p.s. Your boyfriend wears girlie socks! :lol:

:lol: I forgot to comment on that before. You think I would ruin a pair of good socks with Moliti's signature? :p (Love you Matt! :saint:) The socks aren't girlie though, I swear. No detached puff balls! He just has those low-ankle athletic socks.

I'm working on it, as well as my SymX profile for Decibel. I'll get it posted soon, perhaps this weekend..

Cool! Looking forward to it! :headbang: (and for the record, I WAS just giving you grief! :saint: )

:lol: I forgot to comment on that before. You think I would ruin a pair of good socks with Moliti's signature? :p (Love you Matt! :saint:) The socks aren't girlie though, I swear. No detached puff balls! He just has those low-ankle athletic socks.

So they were YOUR socks then?
Low ankle athletic socks NOT worn by a female = Girlie socks....
Next thing you know, he'll be carrying a purse! (and will probably beat me with it at Prog Power) :lol:

Cool! Looking forward to it! :headbang: (and for the record, I WAS just giving you grief! :saint: )

So they were YOUR socks then?
Low ankle athletic socks NOT worn by a female = Girlie socks....
Next thing you know, he'll be carrying a purse! (and will probably beat me with it at Prog Power) :lol:

No no, they ARE Brian's. :lol: I have seen men's athletic socks like that in stores. I don't like them that low on the ankle personally.

You should have been at the restaurant to witness the sock signing. Funny stuff.

Fuckitall. I've listened to this damn song like 20 more times now trying to appreciate it more...and...

I'm officially a convert. This song started rocking ass for me; it may be different but it's just fuckin' mean man! GRAWLLLLL!

Which means they have not one bad song I have heard! lol

p.s. - I'm so ready for people to hear The Walls of Babylon so I can start ranting on what a fucking amazing song it is...but I shall wait. :headbang:

I don't know if you guys would agree with me or not, but I usually introduce someone to the band by playing Sea of Lies, or just telling them to listen to V in its entirety.

Thats how I got to like the band. V.

Whats there not to understand? The Serpents Kiss rocks, its not their usual stuff, its new for them but still rocks my socks! If I wanted to introduce symphony x to somebody new ( from their most recent album) I would chose TSK! Hands down.... Although if I truely had a choice I would chose something from DWOT/Odyssey, since paradise Lost really is total ownage all around, and it just wouldn't be the same to make them start with paradise lost and work backwords!

or just telling them to listen to V in its entirety.

Thats how I got to like the band. V.

Actually, I got into Symphony X the exact same way. Compelled by hearing a brief clip of Evolution, my undying love of the band came from listening to V as a complete work unto itself.

Both of these quoted for both truth and accuracy.

It seems like Romeo has introduced more groove-oriented riffs on the last 2 albums...TSK is a prime candidate, but it's also their "bluesiest" song to date IMO. At any rate, it's a great track.

As for The Walls Of Babylon, I would agree it's more representative overall of their sound...and is probably my favorite on the album. That fucking intro is unreal, especially from 1:20-2:00 :kickass:

The Walls Of Babylon is my new all time favorite song. My only complaint about the song is that the keyboards are kinda mixed down in the verse; other than that, fucking brilliant. Especially the end of the chorus, sends chills down my spine every time I hear it. It just makes me cry, because I know that I'll never write something that good in my entire life.

The Walls of Babylon is great but the best song is Revelation. The coolest riffs and the best singing on the album. It's funny because I thought Revelation was one of the weaker tracks after the first 3 spins.