The 'share a sample' thread

Yeah, some great samples so far. Definitely keep them coming! If we can build a little library for ourselves I think we can all become a little less reliant on the typical DFH and DFHS ones, hehe.

If you go to www.hammersound.net, then go to 'sounds', then 'soundfont library' then down to 'drumkits and percussive kits'.. there's a shitload of soundfonts containing shitloads of samples. They're all just made by people and uploaded there, so there's some crap to sort through, but generally the descriptions tell you if it's a real drumkit, layered or not and what type etc.

Now I don't know about software that plays soundfonts and all that cause I've always had a card that supports them. But there's a program called awave that can get you access to all the samples buried in formats like this. And if you can somehow use the soundfonts then I guess you could just re-sample what you like.

Oh and also.. Fear Factory - Edgecrusher.. kick and snare at the start.

Benny H said:
Now I don't know about software that plays soundfonts and all that cause I've always had a card that supports them. But there's a program called awave that can get you access to all the samples buried in formats like this. And if you can somehow use the soundfonts then I guess you could just re-sample what you like.

Freeware Sfz can play sounfonts and NI Kontakt can convert them to it's native format (wavs+program).