The 'share a sample' thread

The kick in Kreator - Slave Machinery can be cropped although you you get a bit of the hat this way. The left channel of Bullet for My Valentine - Room 409 is just the kick ..don't know if it can be used in a mix though :rolleyes:
There's a nice kick in Atreyu - Your Private War waiting to be taken :) There's a kick in the beginning of Caliban - Room Of Nowhere and Machine Head - Bite the Bullet as well.
Also in:
Mnemic - Wild Boys
Shadows Fall - Enlightened by the Cold

I hope I helped :)

Shadow_Walker said:
The kick in Kreator - Slave Machinery can be cropped although you you get a bit of the hat this way. The left channel of Bullet for My Valentine - Room 409 is just the kick ..don't know if it can be used in a mix though :rolleyes:
There's a nice kick in Atreyu - Your Private War waiting to be taken :) There's a kick in the beginning of Caliban - Room Of Nowhere and Machine Head - Bite the Bullet as well.
Also in:
Mnemic - Wild Boys
Shadows Fall - Enlightened by the Cold

I hope I helped :)

It would be real helpful if you posted the samples lol

Mutant said:
I'm veeeerrrryyyy patient ;) :worship:

Im sorry guys soon I will post the samples probably uncut cause Ive been Sooooo Busy lately and my hardrive took a sh*t on me 2 weeks ago so I have to retrack 2 or 3 projects for FREE!!!! eekkk!!!

The drums are the ones Ive posted here on a thread called OLD SCHOOL METAL STYLE MIX..... The most recent drum sounds and processing is one the PART 2 mix as part one is a rough mix and has since chaged drastically. However my drums aren't sampled on those songs only the kick is.

I promiss they'll be worth the wait and seeing how Ive already used some of the kick samples posted here, I feel very Debted too you guys. :headbang:

today i recorded a great kit.
rocketshells carbon.
unfortunately it had old powerstroke3 heads, and i didn't have the right mics in the studio today (lacking a pzm and the re20).
si i could just record the kick with a d112, wich i hate.
anyway i'll post the samples, i really like the snare samples, though.

i cannot load all of them up today, 'cause i've got to do the editing first, so check back later.

Drums.JPG

here's the KICK

(no FX, no EQ, no COMP, just pure)

Seizure. said:
How do you make such work in the mix? i can't seem to blend in (or blend out) the ambience of the song which comes with the kick?
You tell me :) I doubt i would use a sample taken from a song, nevertheless I see there are people who work with such, so I guessed it might be useful. Well, sorry for wasting your time if it isn't :)

Cheers for the samples shadow walker!

I would use some of those samples simply for their attack... you could blend them in a bit with your own kick, it can create a attack your own kick drum might not have... i think a lot of people use that pantera kick for the attack, or to hit a certain frequency that the original is missing...

Black neon bob said:
Cheers for the samples shadow walker!

I would use some of those samples simply for their attack... you could blend them in a bit with your own kick, it can create a attack your own kick drum might not have... i think a lot of people use that pantera kick for the attack, or to hit a certain frequency that the original is missing...

:kickass:

Blending really gives a lot of possibilities, it's always great to take the best of one thing mix it with the best of another thing and save yourself a lot of tweaking :)

LSD-Studio said:
today i recorded a great kit.
rocketshells carbon.
unfortunately it had old powerstroke3 heads, and i didn't have the right mics in the studio today (lacking a pzm and the re20).
si i could just record the kick with a d112, wich i hate.
anyway i'll post the samples, i really like the snare samples, though.

i cannot load all of them up today, 'cause i've got to do the editing first, so check back later.

Drums.JPG

here's the KICK

(no FX, no EQ, no COMP, just pure)

k, i'm just mixing the drums for a tune of my band "subcutane" (that's what those recordings have been for), and i really dig the snare and toms.

it makes alot of effort to edit the samples and make gog-files etc, so before i do that i wanted to know, if somebody really would be interested in having them.
so here's a little snippet (of course not a finished mix or so) of them.
if you'd be interested in having them, please tell me, otherwise it's not worth the effort.
(there's eq and comp happening, but no triggered samples ('cept the kick).

Drumsnippet

p.s.
the nice guy on the drums you see on the pic is our drummer, and it's from the actual recording yesterday.
micing:
snare: sm57 top+bottom (some eq,alot of comp, esp. on the bottom)
toms1+2: audix D1, some eq, some comp
tom3: audix d2, some comp, some eq
(toms had wrecked powerstroke3 heads)
overhead: neumann km184, some eq, little comp.
drums total: a little bit of multiband comp.