The 'share a sample' thread

They are all in seperate WAV files, in different folders corresponding to the the mic's. The plugin knows which files are linked to which drum for what hit etc. Most of the files are bleed of hits into different mics. Its quite hard to explain, maybe 006 can do it a bit better.

My grasp of it is, if you want to put your own files into DFHS you have to rename them the same name and put them in the correct folder replacing the old existing file. Im really not so sure, I think if you want to use other samples with DFHS use Drumagog, or trigger them to MIDI with something like KTFX and use a sampler from there.

Machinated said:
My grasp of it is, if you want to put your own files into DFHS you have to rename them the same name and put them in the correct folder replacing the old existing file.

Yes i thought this method will work unless the plugin keeps a checksum for every file to guard itself against using it's competitor's samples.

Machinated said:
I think if you want to use other samples with DFHS use Drumagog, or trigger them to MIDI with something like KTFX and use a sampler from there.

Good idea :)

No problem dude, although I can understand why people would want to incorporate their own samples in. To be honest, you could just copy whatever drum you wanted to sample into another MIDI track and sample it straight from there, there isnt really a need to go from audio to MIDI.

I like them man. A bit warmer sounding than the aforeposted 'Faderhead' samples (I'm having a hard time believing those aren't EQ'd).

The loudkick with andy's sample blended in sounds great, haha.

The loud snare hit seems to decay a lot faster than the med and soft ones. Did you put a muting ring on just for that hit, or did you just kill the decay when chopping it up?

Either way man, thanks for those samples, I'm sure they'd work great in a mix.

hmmm listening to my loud snare sample i think im gonna go back and re do that one with out a ring it does kinda cut out fast

Seizure. said:
well uhmm..... no.... but i was so siked when i saw all those samples to download and things like Noble&coles, that i just instantly had to post hehehe...

Cool!

Uhm, what are noble&coles though?

Its an awesome drum/snare brand!

I seem to only be able to download the re posted snares by the knightly dude, on the last page on the first page, you got the same problem?

and man i want some DM5 samples! does anyone know were to get these or can someone upload some?

Seizure. said:
Its an awesome drum/snare brand!

I seem to only be able to download the re posted snares by the knightly dude, on the last page on the first page, you got the same problem?

and man i want some DM5 samples! does anyone know were to get these or can someone upload some?

Yeah man give me a day or 2 and i can throw some dm5 samples up, the samples on it are kinda gay though man. but it the least i can do for snagging samples from everyone else!! KEEP THIS THREAD ROCKIN:kickass: