"The Shining" & Damnation/Deliverance

flipjargendy

New Metal Member
Nov 4, 2003
Elk River, MN
freewebs.com
A few nights ago, I tried playing Damnation and Deliverance back to back with the movie "The Shining." I am currently doing this with a lot of movies reguardless of weather or not they are supposed to fit.

But anyway, a few nights ago I tried this and at the same time that Jack starts yelling at his wife when she comes in to where he is working, the time when anyone watching the movie has absolutly determined that he has lost it or is at least as close to losing it as you can be, Deliverance begins.

If anyone tries this you have to start Damnation at the same time it starts showing the car driving through the mountains while the credits are being shown.

Risquit said:
Classic BB behavior. Pounce as quickly as you can on any post that doesn't fit a prescribed level of coolness.
don't be Dani Filth.

anyway, what people don't quite grasp yet, is that both D's were recorded in three weeks, i highly doubt they were sitting around wondering what could make this even more interesting.. HEY GUYS LET'S MATCH THE TIMES WITH TEH SHINING... OH YEAH

I'm not having a go at nobody but i mean, come on..

hehehe
I bet they also check the number of posts aswell that this particular fellow has made: anything under, say, 500, would classify as fairly 'noobish' I would think.

:)

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of senior posters who hold the utmost respect for everyone on the board, and I think that's great.

Anyway, if I keep blathering on I'm going to leave myself open for a bashing.
:)

I don't think he means that Opeth said "ooh, I have a great idea for our double album: let's synchronise it to the Shining!"
He just meant "wow. weird."
And yeah, it is weird. Just coincidence or synchronicity or whatever. Not Opeth-Stephen King-Master-Plan-Conspiriacy or anything.

DreamingofUr said:
This is has to be one of the dumbest things ever posted...and am I the only death metal fan that hates horror flicks?
no, I hate most horror movies too, they are derivative and annoying. The Shining however rises above all other horror to be the best horror movie ever, period. Plus it is Kubrick therefore it is amazing

Have none of you people seen "The Dark side of the rainbow" for you who don´t know what it is it´s the movie The wizard of Oz and Dark side of the Moon is playing under it and it fits extraordinary well...

KielbasaSausage said:
the next person who mentions the dark side of the rainbow (offline only, because of the limitations of being online) I will kick them in the gonads.
yai to the internet... your foot can´t reach my gonads so... Dark side of the rainbow is THE BEST MOVIE EVER, I win this argument.