The Shores of Bodom - Children of Bodom Tribute Song

drawnacrol

7Slinger
Feb 15, 2007
Ireland
www.youtube.com

I sometimes write a riff or lead that sounds too much like a band so I don't use it in my original music. Since Bodom are one of my biggest influences that happens a lot and I ended up writing a full song from all the ideas. It references a lot of songs from their discography and I got Janne's actual keyboard patches which really brought it to life.

Guitar - Carillion Guitars Polaris FR 6 String tuned to Drop C
Pickups - Oil City Custom Alnico 9 Set
Guitar Tone - STL Tonehub Lasse Lammert Pack
Bass - Ample Metal Ray5 III with STL Tonehub
Drums - Toontrack Superior Dummer
Synth - Roland Integra-7 with Janne Warman's Patches
Mixed and "mastered" in Logic Pro X

Attachments

• Lorcan Ward - The Shores of Bodom.mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 3
Good work, i think, only moment the bass is quiet, would like to hear it louder. A question, are there similar keyboard tones can be find in VST. It sounds really good

Reactions: drawnacrol
Good work, i think, only moment the bass is quiet, would like to hear it louder. A question, are there similar keyboard tones can be find in VST. It sounds really good

I'm not that experienced with mixing so I find it hard to have the bass drum audible without the bass competing. The low end of a mix is a very hard thing to get right.

There isn't one that would have all those sounds unfortunately. Maybe Kontakt and Omnisphere will get you close. Its amazing now metal keyboardist like Janne Warman, Jens Johannson, Jordan Rudess or Tuomas Holopainen have never released a VST of their sounds. With so many guitarists pushing amp sims and custom tone packs it would be a market thats wide open.

Dude, killer song and very clean playing! Just subscribed to your channel. Is there any chance you share the multitracks of this song? :D

Reactions: drawnacrol
Thanks! I don't feel my playing is good enough to give out multitracks publicly. It might be something I do in the future though!

I personally don't think you have to worry about your playing not being good enough, but I respect your decision.