The Sneap forum get's the news first...

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
None of you will probably care if you don't know my band, but this is big and important news to me!~

My band, Orpheus, has just signed to Australian label, Just Say Rock Records. The label has been responsible for bringing out bands to Australia such as Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Cradle of Filth and more.

This guarantees that our debut album, and subsequent follow up will be distributed within Australia along with touring guarantees.

www.myspace.com/orpheusmetaloz

HERE'S THE FULL STATEMENT.
Cheers,
Chris & Orpheus

It brings great pleasure to announce that Orpheus has been signed to Australian metal label, Just Say Rock Records.
After some long months of gigging, writing and promoting, stemming from the band’s E.P release last July, JSR Records showed deep interest in the band and its future, and after some time of discussion between the two parties, the contract was printed, inked and the deal sealed.
“Signing to JSR Records means a great deal to the band. We want to thank all the guys down at JSR and especially Nik P, for being there since the real beginning. Not only will the signing secure and maximise our position in the Australian metal scene for the future, but it is also a great indication of how far our hard work and dedication to our music has gotten us so far. If there’s anything Orpheus fans can take away from this, it’s simply that we will be working harder than ever before to make sure we continue to bring our current fans and all of our potential fans, the most innovative and windmill inducing metal we can. Just you wait until the album is released. You can expect countrywide whiplash! ”
As the band is in the middle of recording their debut album, the signing will see that the album is distributed throughout Australia and the band tour alongside the album release at some stage in the future.
Just Say Rock has been responsible for bringing such acts down under as: Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Cradle Of Filth and many more. JSR Records’ roster also includes fellow Melbourne metallers, Eye of the Enemy along with other great Australian acts.
Orpheus also has the honour of now endorsing Australian guitar strap producers, DSL Straps. The band would like to thank Danny and the crew at DSL Straps!
Furthermore, Joao is now endorsing ESP Guitars care of B-Music, Australia. Joao would like to thank Shane and the crew at B-Music!

That's insane. I really think you diserve it, I still listen from time to time to So It Begins, and it would have been an insult that no one signs you in the end !

Ahhh, cheers for the awesome words guys, it's very much appreciated!
I do sincerely hope the our album literally makes the E.P look like a joke in comparison. Our growth over the past year has been pretty much ridiculous and with Ermz hands at the mixeing desk, we hope this to be one of the biggest Australian releases in 2010!

Cheers guys,
Chris

Cheers guys! We definitely have looked over the contract 50+ times to rewrite/ work out and agree on happy terms for everyone. And while I can't really devulge details, we are very happy with what this signing entails!

We just hope this is the first, in a number of steps to get us, all the way across the world to play for and meet all of you fantastic people!

Who knows, maybe one day Andy can do a mix for us ;) hehe!

Chris and Orpheus

Congrats!!!
I´m working on some label applications for my band too! I sure hope I can open a similar thread to some day^^