The Sports Thread

Yeah, the Pats will definitely win. Between the Cowboys and Pats, the Pats are the far superior team. I'm still bummed the Sox lost. Now it's even. Had they won yesterday, the would have had the edge, and maybe even wound up sweeping.

Pulling him was a dumb idea. They didn't even let him get any sort of rhythm going, then that lefty side-armed throwing came in and ruined the game for the Sox. But whatever, I don't care. The 11th inning was brutal haha.

Anyways, write this down Pats fans, because I'm probably one of the only people who think this but:

THE BOYS ARE GONNA WIN 34-31!

Pulling him was a dumb idea. They didn't even let him get any sort of rhythm going, then that lefty side-armed throwing came in and ruined the game for the Sox. But whatever, I don't care. The 11th inning was brutal haha.

Anyways, write this down Pats fans, because I'm probably one of the only people who think this but:

THE BOYS ARE GONNA WIN 34-31!

Pats 34-27

Pulling him was a dumb idea. They didn't even let him get any sort of rhythm going, then that lefty side-armed throwing came in and ruined the game for the Sox. But whatever, I don't care.

I can't remember, did he even have one out when they pulled him? He'd put two men on in the 11th inning of a tie game in the playoffs, you have to pull him at the point. Gagne has fucked up I don't know how many games for the Sox since they aquired him. There's got to be at least five games that they had in the bag when Gagne came in and lost it for them. I can understand pulling him when Nixon came up, too, since Nixon doesn't hit lefties well. But I gues it all worked out in the end. :)

Despite Gagnè's troubles, I still think it was a good trade. Who could have predicted that he'd have been so bad? When that trade became official, I was real upset because I thought it was the last piece that Sox needed to become completley unstoppable. But, hey, just one of those freak things. That's baseball.

I don't necessarily think trading away Gabbard was a terrible idea, either. Obviously you never like to trade away pitching prospects like that, but I don't think it will really hurt them in the end. Trading away Hanley Ramirez, on the other hand... ouch. Even though they got Beckett and Lowell, I'll bet Theo really wishes he'd have held onto Ramirez whenever he sees Julio Lugo in a Boston uniform.