The Sports Thread

Mathiäs;6606304 said:
Go Rocks! However I want the Ds to win to win at least twice to prolong the series.

I hate the Rockies, and hope and hope they lose.

We'll I won 5 out of 7 bets this weekend not including monday's game because not sure if I'll bet that one or skip it yet. Anyways my wins and losses below on the regular pointspread:

Won

1. Baltimore -9
2. Cleveland - 4 1/2
3. Jacksonville - 6 1/2
4. New England - 5 1/2
5. New Orleans + 5 1/2

Lost

1. Chicago - 4 1/2
2. Oakland + 9 1/2

I think that Saints bet was a gusty/good call.

We'll reason I picked New Orleans to cover the point spread was because they are in such a losing streak that they would be very motivated to win this game which in turn even if they lost the game they would of made it a close game in points thus covering the point spread of 5 1/2 either way.

They needed to prove themselves in this game more then anything so they would try even harder then in the past 4 games. I guess I was right. I made a similar assumption with Miami I think last week or week before and won that bet as well.

We'll reason I picked New Orleans to cover the point spread was because they are in such a losing streak that they would be very motivated to win this game which in turn even if they lost the game they would of made it a close game in points thus covering the point spread of 5 1/2 either way.

They needed to prove themselves in this game more then anything so they would try even harder then in the past 4 games. I guess I was right. I made a similar assumption with Miami I think last week or week before and won that bet as well.

I agree, I think they had a better chance at blowing up than getting blown up.

Look at the Raven's remaining schedule:

Sun 10/21 at Buffalo 1:00 pm
bye
Mon 11/5 at Pittsburgh 8:30 pm
Sun 11/11 Cincinnati 4:05 pm
Sun 11/18 Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 11/25 at San Diego 4:15 pm
Mon 12/3 New England 8:30 pm
Sun 12/9 Indianapolis 8:15 pm
Sun 12/16 at Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 12/23 at Seattle 4:15 pm
Sun 12/30 Pittsburgh 1:00 pm

Mathiäs;6605878 said:
Anyway, the Pack played a terrible game and won. I hated watching it.

The skins are pretty good though.

One bright spot was Aaron Kampman finally stepped it up after his injury.

They're finding ways to win now, instead of losing...which is a plus.

Nice win the THE TRIBE. I may forgive them for what they did in round 1 if they can hold on to win this series.

Not everyday you see a guy called out for being hit with a batter ball. Actually, I can't recal ever seeing it before. I've wanted to see it for a while. Thanks, Big Papi.

noose.jpg

My room :(