The Sports Thread

One bright spot was Aaron Kampman finally stepped it up after his injury.

They're finding ways to win now, instead of losing...which is a plus.

Kampman has been having a solid year, getting to the quaterback. Teams double team him which is why his numbers are down. The defense has been nothing short of spectacular..they've won a few a games themselves.

Anyway LOL Sawx

noose.jpg

My room :(

Cry, dead sox.

They have an obscenely long wait until their next game though. Nine days I think. Since the ALCS is most likely going 6 or 7, the AL team will be much sharper when game 1 in the AL park comes around.

Plus, I don't think either Cleveland or Boston will be fazed cold/snowy weather in Denver if that ends up happening. Though can you imagine Manny playing that cavernous left field if Boston gets to Denver?

The Rockies are pretty scary.

Indeed. I actually feel a little sorry for whoever wins the ALCS. They're going to run straight into a fucking buzz saw.

They have an obscenely long wait until their next game though. Nine days I think. Since the ALCS is most likely going 6 or 7, the AL team will be much sharper when game 1 in the AL park comes around.

Plus, I don't think either Cleveland or Boston will be fazed cold/snowy weather in Denver if that ends up happening. Though can you imagine Manny playing that cavernous left field if Boston gets to Denver?

I suppose it could very well work out that way, though you could also say that the potentially long layoff would allow Colorado to set their rotation. If the ALCS goes 6 or 7, you'll likely see Sabathia / Beckett and Carmona / Schilling again. Actually, I guess they'd each have to go with game 1 starters in game five anyway, so I suppose in a game 7 they'd have to go with either game three starers or their aces on real short rest. Either way, unless there would be a few days off between series, anyway, the AL team probably doesn't get to set their rotation they way they want. But, hey, you're absolutley right that a long layoff can be poison to a team that's rolling like Colorado is.

Yeah, I suppose left field at Coors would be tough for Manny. Oh well, I guess he'll have to ask Kenny Lofton to describe it to him over the winter.

Well then you're kind of a pussy for not being able to able to handle hearing about something you're not interested in. The majority of sports media is on Football now, anyway.

I once went to a Mets game (free tickets) against the Rockies and watched the Rockies blow a 3 point lead by walking in 4 runs in a row. It was epic.