The Sports Thread

Granted, if you're among the greatest hitters of all time, you can sort of get away with it, but it still really pisses me off.
MannyRamirez.jpg

Sheff can fuck right off. Leave the Giambino alone, though. I wish there was a way he could be on the team but never play or take up a roster spot. Like, his job is just to be friends with the other guys. That's pretty much all he is consistently good at anymore.

ps: He was the roids not the HGH... As far as we know.

I'm not 100% positive on this, but a guy I used to work with who was a huge A's fan (and one of those guys who seemed to know everything about the game) told me that Giambi actually took less money to sign with the Yankees, or at least a shorter contract.

I wasn't serious anyway :loco:

Like a true fan.

The best thing about being a fair-weather fan: if your team sucks, then you have better things in life to occupy your time. If your team is doing well, then that's just an added bonus. Some people I know will never understand this (like my cousin, a rabid Bills fan).

It also revokes your right to be antagonize Yankee fans, or if you do so, you have to do it thoroughly half-heartedly.

I think it makes no difference in my life my degree of sports fanaticism. The rewards of being a sports fan are meaningless in the scheme of things, while the cons give you unwarranted misery. When I shut off the game last night, I went and read a book, which was much more rewarding than just finishing watching the game, which only benefit is proving that you're a true fan, which is essentially taking pride in supporting a competition with trivial implications.