The Sports Thread

It really bugs me when people say "we" when talking about a team they like. For example, "We need to work on our pitching," "We're behind 2 games," etc.

The Sox just delayed their elimination by another game. I really don't think they can come back. I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

But after Sunday, it should be clear to everyone that the Patriots are superior to the Cowboys, and are indeed the second best team in football after the Colts.

Indeed, tonights game and the potential game seven are almost impossible to call. It's hard to pick anyone against Schilling in a big game, considering his history. However, Carmona is nothing to sneeze at and the Indians have, in general, looked better so far. That and they have already showed they won't let the Fenway crowd intimidate them too much.

If the Sox win tonight, I think game seven is ever harder to call for the opposite reason. Between Matsuzaka and Westbrook, who's going to be worse? And the Sawx have a nasty habit of being real clutch.

I'm picking the Indians simply because that's what I'd prefer.

Schilling is really smart. He takes notes and carefully analyzes his opponents, so he has a history of being much better the second time around. I think Schilling can pull off a win tonight. However, Matsuzaka blows hot and cold, and when he is off, he can really kinda suck. So even if Schilling wins today, Matsuzaka may very well blow it tomorrow.