The Sports Thread

How can anyone say that the Colts have a better offense than the Pats do? It just defies all logic. I'm not saying the Colts aren't a high powered offense, just that don't have as many weapons as the Pats, let alone nearly as good a coach.

When you know what's coming in advance it's pretty easy to call plays.

The Colts put in their backups in when the game is out of reach. The Pats don't. They continue to go deep to help the 'ol qb rating.

How can anyone say that the Colts have a better offense than the Pats do? It just defies all logic. I'm not saying the Colts aren't a high powered offense, just that don't have as many weapons as the Pats, let alone nearly as good a coach.

Saying Belichick is a better coach than Dungy pretty much just nullified everything you just said. Dungy is easily the best coach in the league, AND DOESNT HAVE TO FUCKING CHEAT TO WIN.

Also, Stallworth really hasn't done shit for the Patriots except a couple touchdown runs, totally not worth the hype at all. So if you really want to compare talent from each team, it would look something like this:

Welker (he's first because he is easily their best receiver) and Moss vs. Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Gonzalez

That's not even remotely comparable.

the pats have the greater offense. even if the run hasnt been there, they dont need it.

Against the Colts you do. It's the one strategy that actually works against them. Using a good amount of runs mixed in with passes keeping Manning off the bench. However, it's going to be harder than most people think considering the Colts have the 1st or 2nd best pass defense in the league and don't give up big plays.

Will Marvin Harrison be playing in this game? If not, I'd say the Pats have the advantage, receiving-wise.

Yes he's going to play. Believe it or not, my dad was waiting at the Indianapolis Airport for his flight back to Philly (this was monday), and the first person who happened to walk off of the plane he was waiting for was MARVIN FUCKING HARRISON. It was nuts! He got a picture and whatnot, anyways. My dad was messing with him and said "You're playing this sunday against the Patriots right?" and Marvin replied with "Wouldn't miss it for the world." So yeah I assume he's playing.

^ Randy Moss is just as good as Marvin Harrison, anyways. And his stats are actually better than Marvin's this season, though stats don't mean shit.

Then why do you keep comparing people based on their stats if you don't think they matter.

Mathiäs;6660404 said:
Leafs are 5-5. Goalie play seems to be a major issue.

From the few games I have watched, Toskala seemed to be doing fine. The problem seems to lie in the Leafs lack of adequate D lines. Back to the goalie isssue, I say keep Toskala as your number one for the time being, give him the confidence and space to become fully comfortable, because I think less switching of the goalies will do the team better in the long run (also I am not a huge fan of Raycroft).

Detroit crushed Calgary, 4-1! Zetterberg (aka God) scored two more goals on the night. Osgood also gave an outstanding performance! Detroit now has 11 wins. It is too bad they have such a long break now (6 games) as it could quell or at least dampen their hot playing as of late.

Edit: @ cook-ta: Yeah, I can't believe how well Madden and Pandolfo did against Tampa the other night either. Truth be told, NJ doesn't have a whole lot of scoring power left so if they are to be successful this season they absolutely need those two to step up offensively.

Also, have fun at that game. Make sure you go to one in NJ too I hear the new stadium is pretty stellar (the commentators from the game wouldn't shut up about it tbh)

From the few games I have watched, Toskala seemed to be doing fine. The problem seems to lie in the Leafs lack of adequate D lines. Back to the goalie isssue, I say keep Toskala as your number one for the time being, give him the confidence and space to become fully comfortable, because I think less switching of the goalies will do the team better in the long run (also I am not a huge fan of Raycroft).

Yeah, I figured the lines must have something to do with it. I can't watch them every day since I don't have the NHL tv package yet.

My 2nd favorite team, the Blues, are doing well too. I was gonna go to the game tomorrow but I have to babysit.

I wanted to bet the Colts as the underdogs with a + 5 1/2 point spread... but my sportsbetting partner wanted to bet NE at - 5 1/2. So we decided to skip the game and bet other games. I really think it will be a close game and the Colts will cover the point spread (they have to lose by less then 5 points or win the game for a bettor to win the bet for those who are not inclined about point spread betting)... oh well... we shall see what happens with the game... :cry:

Mathiäs;6666606 said:
Ya know, I almost want the Colts to lose (in a close game) so when (if) they play each other in the championship game they'll have a chip on their shoulder/motivation.

And lose homefield advantage, too.