The Sports Thread

Are you serious? As if this was something you could prove. I guess you could look at win loss records, championships or head to head match ups but I don't think that would turn out in your favor.

:lol: Come on man, I seriously hope you don't rely on "nfl analyst and experts" for all of your judgement calls and personal opinions. That's just sad.
You're right. Instead of listening to people whose job it is to study and analyze the NFL, we should listen to some guy on an internet forum. Those people who study the NFL for a living and most likely have been involved with a team somehow know nothing.

Are you serious? As if this was something you could prove. I guess you could look at win loss records, championships or head to head match ups but I don't think that would turn out in your favor.

That was exactly my point.

You're right. Instead of listening to people whose job it is to study and analyze the NFL, we should listen to some guy on an internet forum. Those people who study the NFL for a living and most likely have been involved with a team somehow know nothing.

Yeah well considering the topic that he was talking about is completely based on opinion, you're just as well off listening to some guy on an internet forum.

STEELERS ARE RAPING SOME SHIT SON.

Roethlisberger is an amazing quarterback with his ability to create opportunities and extend plays by considerable lengths and avoid sacks.

James Harrison is a ridiculously good replacement for Joey Porter. What a fucking night this guy's having.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

FUCKING STEELERS FTW!!!

21 - 0

Roethlisberger = God

Proof?

:lol: Come on man, I seriously hope you don't rely on "nfl analyst and experts" for all of your judgement calls and personal opinions. That's just sad.

He was caught cheating, thus making him a cheater.

Tired and weak argument. Can you prove every single team in the NFL does this?

So why cheat in the first place if you can straight up kick their ass? All it does is make BB look like a bigger asshole and justify alot of peoples hated for him. And what the fuck is rightfully so about a team CAUGHT for cheating, and beating teams really bad? You think it's ok for the Patriots to use that bullshit "it's us against teh world!" mentality just to make themselves feel better? If so that's bullshit.

Upset? Nah, a little disappointed because the Colts had the game in the bag. The Colts had too many injured starts that came back to bite us in the ass, the biggest one being Tony Ugoh. So if I were a betting man, I'd still put my money on the Colts with a healthy roster, in a very convincing win over the Patriots. So we'll see in January when it actually matters.

Which would explain the 3 dropped passes right? How many times do you ever see Harrison drop a pass that he gets his hands on? Point is, who would you rather have on your team? A quiet guy who doesn't expect alot of publicity who works his ass off day in and out and possesses all of the physically qualities that you need out of a receiver, or some lazy crybaby who is chasing a ring that you aren't even certain will be on the team next year? Yeah, I'm going with a sure thing.

haha c'mon man. take a step back and look at this argument here. youre clearly coming from the perspective of being a die-hard fan going on your personal feelings instead of using basic logic. youre probably young, or younger than i am, and i remember defending the red sox the way youre defending the colts right now so it's all good. but try to be objective here.

if the majority of nfl analysts, former players, hall of famers, unbiased men who make a living of talking about football say that bb is the best coach in the league, then yes that help solodify the sentiment i already have. maybe you just havent read enough about bb so youre not giving him the credit her deserves? or, if you dont want to go by what the consensus is then look at superbowl rings. how many does bb have? how about dungy?

next: harrison is not a better receiver than moss. here is why. remember that pass over the middle that moss grabbed out of the air with one hand? no way in hell, on any field, on any given day that harrison makes that grab. putting all effort and attitude aside and simply talking about skill set, moss blows him away. he is more athletic that harrison. he is taller (no fault of harrison) so he is simply able to catch more passes than other receives. want another example? go take a look at the last game the pats played vs miami where moss had two td catches. those bombs that brady threw? no one makes those catches - not harrison, not steve smyth, no one except moss. those were absolutely freakish nasty catches jumping in the air, cradling the football with one hand and just taking the ball out of the air..in the midst of double coverage. harrison is great no doubt, but he simply cant do it like moss....a moss that actually tries. so to answer your question about who id rather have on my team - ill concede 100% that harrison is a better pick because he has a much better attitude. but again, if you take the moss that actually gives it his all and tries i would take moss in a heartbeat without regretting a thing.

and yea, i do think it's right and perfectly fine for the pats to use, as you put it, the "us vs the world" attitude. after the video tapes everyone started second guessing the pats championships. that probably pissed off bb and the players, dont u think? i mean, if you were on their team as a coach or player wouldnt you get upset over that? of course. so, i say to the pats or any team in these circumstances - go for it. run it up. 35-0, 6 mins left the 4th quarter, 4th and 1 - go ahead and call deep outs to moss. roll over the league to show them what's up. it's about pride, right?

and please stop about the injuries. harrison was cleared to play by his doctors but he chose not to. why dont u take it up with him.

FYI, ESPN/FOX analysts are dumbasses. If you haven't noticed.

I especially hate the MNF announcers. Cornheiser can eat a cock.

No. Brady has all the time in the world to make plays. Roethlisberger makes that time. Brady sucks under pressure. Favre is well past his prime, though this is his best season in years. He makes too many mistakes.