The Sports Thread

Every year there seems to be a team of destiny in the NFL. One team that has to jump the highest hurdles just to get to the championship and inevitably win. Last year the Colts had the worst run defense in the league. Were 12-4 coming off a 14-2 season where they choked in the divisional round to the Steelers who the year before went 15-1 in the regular season. I never thought the Chargers had much of a chance against the Colts, but after they beat them, I started thinking, "Maybe they are just meant to win it all." And that was almost ok with me. My first thought however was, "Jesus fucking christ, the goddamn Pats are going to win the SB this year and go undefeated, I don't know if I could handle that." I just hope that the Chargers don't blow their chance.

I here ya, I just don't think the "destiny team" is every year. The "destiny team" seems to come around every 3-5 yr.s or so.
I'm a bit nervous but excited about this weekends game and who knows what can happen. It could be like the Pats 1st Superbowl victory against the Rams, huge 'dog but they pulled it off. The Pats made it to the championship game to give themselves a chance. I just think the road is to tough for SD to get to the Superbowl to give themselves a chance where anything can happen. The Indy game took alot out of them and traveling cross country to frigid temps is not going to help those injuries.

so Byrian Gumbal and Chris Collinsworth were talking about Danials thed Pat's offensive Coordinator, and Colinsworth said something along the lines of "if Bill Belicheck said he was ready to call plays for the world champion New Englend Patriots, then he must be ready!" and i got so pissed off, because they haven't won anything yet!!

Screw all those broadcasters. If I could pick two guys to call every game (though they are on different networks), it would be Nance (comment.) & Aikman ( color guy).