The Sports Thread

Well, I have a Pats tatoo on my penis.
When things are normal it says Pats. When I have a hardon it say Patriots are number one!
Seriously, that guy just needs to buy a hat or something...a bit extreme.

Pyramaze
Maiden
Communic
Angtoria
Steel attack
Tad Morose
Hibria
Van Halen
Queensryche
Metallica

Don't insult me...wouldn't be here if I wasn't a metalhead.

I here ya, I just don't think the "destiny team" is every year. The "destiny team" seems to come around every 3-5 yr.s or so.

Actually it's been the trend lately. Check out this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoDBtmsLDlnJKnwLBtDOfG1DubYF?slug=ms-fourquestions011608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I'm a bit nervous but excited about this weekends game and who knows what can happen. ...

Me too (I am a Charger's fan, and a native San Diegan, though I don't live there now).

After the Colts game last week... Actually, the whole week before the Chargers/Colt game and the beginning of the week after, I was getting really annoyed with the sports media. Before the game they hardly gave the Chargers any chance, and barely even talked about the matchup. I heard much more talk about the other matchups, and even talk about the inevitable Colts/Pats matchup which was sure to follow. Even at the beginning of this week it seemed the Charger's upset of Indy was kinda brushed off and they were still talking about who NE would meet in the superbowl. Would it be the Giants or the Pack?

It made me mad.

But as the week has progressed I have noticed some trend in the media, wondering if the Charger's just might have what it takes to defeat New England. In some ways I wish they hadn't started with all of that. Like if the Chargers massive undergod status was just the touch of motivation that would push them that extra mile to victory. Like if the media started thinking they could do it, then they wouldn't be able to... Silly, I know.

One more thing...there is a small part of me that wants New England to go all the way, 19-0. That small part is named Junior Seau. He is a San Diego Charger, and he deserves it.

Actually it's been the trend lately. Check out this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoDBtmsLDlnJKnwLBtDOfG1DubYF?slug=ms-fourquestions011608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Me too (I am a Charger's fan, and a native San Diegan, though I don't live there now).

After the Colts game last week... Actually, the whole week before the Chargers/Colt game and the beginning of the week after, I was getting really annoyed with the sports media. Before the game they hardly gave the Chargers any chance, and barely even talked about the matchup. I heard much more talk about the other matchups, and even talk about the inevitable Colts/Pats matchup which was sure to follow. Even at the beginning of this week it seemed the Charger's upset of Indy was kinda brushed off and they were still talking about who NE would meet in the superbowl. Would it be the Giants or the Pack?

It made me mad.

But as the week has progressed I have noticed some trend in the media, wondering if the Charger's just might have what it takes to defeat New England. In some ways I wish they hadn't started with all of that. Like if the Chargers massive undergod status was just the touch of motivation that would push them that extra mile to victory. Like if the media started thinking they could do it, then they wouldn't be able to... Silly, I know.

One more thing...there is a small part of me that wants New England to go all the way, 19-0. That small part is named Junior Seau. He is a San Diego Charger, and he deserves it.

Chargers are very talented on both sides of the ball. The Indy game surprised everyone but they always play the Colts very tough and I felt they could pull off a win in a close grind it out game. Just did'nt think Votek would be the one leading the winning drive.
I am glad Seau returned this year, he brings much leadership and talent to the team. Thought he was done for good when he left with the broken arm last year, thanks for the reminder K.R.. Impressive to play that position for as many years as he has. He probably won't be able to walk by the time he is 45.

Well, he's old anyways. But still good. Come to think of it, the Pats linebacking core is old overall. Vrabel, Seau, And Bruschi are all older than I am. Which means they're getting old for football players, seeing to as I'll be 31 in March.

Totally because the Pats won't draft or buy free agents or anything

I'm not saying they won't but those people will not be anywhere as good as who they have now until a few years down the road.

Anyways, if LT, Rivers, and Gates don't play the Chargers will win on account of the Ewing Theory.