The Sports Thread

New they are, but on Craigslist I found a Storm Power Bolt which had finger grips and a pearl particle coverstock for $30. It may be 10 or so years old but it I've been able to hook it well and get a lot of backend. I also have an old Ebonite plastic ball thats pretty old but I can pick up spares a decent amount of the time.

But yeah, shoes definitely don't seem to be that much of a factor with bowling.

Right now I can't really control the ball entirely with one hand, so I've been doing the twingrip type thing that Osku Palermaa does here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ebonite/3325534995/

they headed to the finals for big ten arent they? you excited? my boys louisville choked big time, beat 'Cuse twice and lose to fucking Cincinnatti :(

Illinois is fucked. Saint Louis had a chance to go to the tourney, but now it's not even clear that they'll go to the NIT.

Every team has their classless players.

Very true.I am surpise people don't talk about Manning being unclassy when the game was on.Sure he did want the Saints to win but still,he was acting like a crybaby.People give people like Brady shit when he didn't shake hands with the Giants but Manning still get a pass when he didn't shake with the Saints.

I see what it is.

Honestly, I can't really blame you guys for your animosity. It is nice to be rooting for a team that absolutely dominates the opposition. Pats used to be the likable underdog but Kraft has obviously decided to get the best team together despite any personal problems and it has payed off. And besides, the players are not nearly as bad as the Bengals or that guy from the Titans or Michael Vick, you are just looking for an excuse to dislike the team.

We do have some unlikeable players like Moss,Wilfork,and Brady.
I would rather have a person like Brady instad of a thug QB who beats dogs up.

This for Nick,Seed, and others, which of the big 4 sports do you think have the most diehard fans and most casual fans?

EDIT: Which sport do you think gets the most loved and the most hated? I think the NFL is the most loved, NBA and NASCAR as the most hated.

NFL is the most loved I'd say. Due to the short seasons and the physical nature of the game, it makes the whole experience very intense and every game very meaningful, and people can really get into such a thing.

Most hated I don't know. NASCAR probably. It's a redneck thing.

on a sidenote, I'm going to watch my Flyers tonight and hope we can take the 2nd road game from the Devils in this series :D

Most die-hard probably lie in college football. You hear about serious violence between OU and UT fans every year when the shootout comes to town, and it's not even considered the biggest rivalry out there.

Casual would probably be either baseball or the NBA. Baseball is probably more docile if it wasn't for the Boston-New York fan bases.
The NBA has too much casual switching of loyalties to create a ton of die-hard fans. It's the worst sport about seeing fans of the front-running teams.