The Sports Thread

man, wtf happened at the liverpool game? riise, my favorite player, has an o.g. to give chelsea an away goal/tie in the last second of the match.

im so bummed right now.
~gR~

Yeah, They picked him and I thought to myself "They are set at QB for a while"

I also lol'd when the ticker at the bottom of the screen said:

Key Losses: QB Brett Favre
Key Additions: None

Key Loss indeed!

Well they got Brandon Chillar from the Rams, so that's a pretty good acquisition

More news: Pack get Matt Flynn

Very cool indeed...to have an all American womens final at Wimbeldon on 4th of July weekend, go get em girls! To bad the US mens players are nowhere to be found and really need someone to step up. Looking to be a great mens finals as well, with Nadal / Federer having a good chance to meet again.

I really miss the days of US mens players going at it with the likes of Sampras, Agassi, Courier, Chang, and even further Connors and Machenroe.

Well, it was Nadal in the end. Both are clearly the two best right now...but both somehow really annoy me. In the end it was a phenominal match and probably the best Wimbledon Mens Finals ever? Atleast thats whats being thrown out there.

I know people criticize and take thier shots at the sport...but when you have two guys this good, play a match like that, its like watching a great heavyweight title fight.

WTF is going on with Brett Favre? Now thinking of going to GBs rival- the Vikings?

I say this as a fan, admirer, and with respect to the man, and understand every player has the right to change thier mind about retirement.

However, I think his original retirement statement should have been labelled "Bretts pity party"! The guy had a fantastic year and unfortunately threw a terrible INT at the worst time in the playoffs, so what! I truly feel it was a guy that has had many great moments and could not handle one of his worst moments ever! Instead of the diehard fans being pissed at Brett, he turns it into, "no Brett its ok don't retire, don't worry about the INT"?

He had a great year last year...either suck it up and come back, or just go away. He just might stay retired and I'll take back what I said.

Well, I think he would add and bring much to the Jets...therefore as a Pats fan, I say stay away. Honestly, I thought for sure Parcels in Miami would bring him in for a year or two?

people who supposedly hate watching tennis don't know what the fuck they're talking about. i guarantee nobody who watched that final maintains such a viewpoint.

nice to see we're smashing the south africans all over the place, but that massive cunt ronaldo still hasn't fucked off yet

Favre was stupid to retire so soon. I honestly think the Packers won't give him the release and make him back up Rodgers.

Yep, watching and hearing a player like Serena Williams grunt and groan after every shot is rather disturbing. Watching and hearing a player like Kournikova grunt and groan after every shot, thats faaaaaaannnnntastic!

Makes me wish I was a tennis ballboy, or a USC male cheerleader- for that matter.:lol:

He can't come back. He is on the cover of Madden. Which means he will have a career ending injury and be forced to retire.