The Symphony Game/Damnation X

What songs would you like to see re-recorded?

• Into the Dementia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Raging Season

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Premonition

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Masquerade (again!?)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Absinthe and Rue

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Shades of Grey

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Taunting the Notorious

• Rapture or Pain

• Thorns of Sorrow

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A Lesson Before Dying

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • The Damnation Game

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Dressed to Kill

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • The Edge of Forever

• Savage Curtain

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Whispers

• The Haunting

• Secrets

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A Winter's Dream - Prelude

• A Winter's Dream - The Ascension

• A Winter's Dream (both parts in one track)

• Total voters

Liampie

Jan 10, 2009
However, I'd rather have them take the best songs from the debut and the best songs from Damnation Game and re-record them (I'm curious to see which songs everyone considers the strongest from these albums). If you filter out the filler songs from both albums, you'd be left with about 75-80 minutes of exceptional music that would rival or exceed Paradise Lost and Iconoclast in my opinion.

Good idea.

So, what would be everyone's track list?

Here's mine:

damnation_x.png

Just over one hour. Would love to see these songs re-recorded, although it's not that urgent in the case of the TDG songs... And if Russell is screaming instead of normal singing like on the last two albums, I'd rather have Rod Tyler back for these songs. Imagine Russell growling in The Edge of Forever's chorus...

Shades of Grey of course! <3

Seriously though, I'd pick:

Dressed to Kill
The Raging Season
Premonition
Absinthe and Rue

Masquerade was already re-recorded and it sounded awesome - way cooler than the original IMO. Don't get me wrong, I do like some other songs like Whispers, The Edge of Forever, and A Lesson Before Dying, but there's something nostalgic about their old sound. I'd be more interested in a modern reproduction of the heavier/less mellow tracks I've listed above.

Clearly this is just for fun/demo stuff though. I too would rather they dedicate their time to writing new material.

Damnation game is great how it is. No need to re record it, but a remastering would be nice.

First album would be great if they just re recorded the whole thing with Russ.

Honestly wouldn't be that bothered about seeing The Edge Of Forever etc. re-recorded, it sounds a little old but it still sounds perfectly fine to me. Maybe a re-recorded version would be an improvement, maybe not, but the original recording is still good enough that it's one of my favourite SX songs the way it is. Same with the other Damnation Game songs I really like, and the ones I don't like so much I wouldn't really care about having re-recorded. I wouldn't mind hearing the debut stuff with Russell singing and better production but not more than I'd like to hear newly written songs.

A Lesson Before Dying would be my top choice!

Agreed.

A Lesson Before Dying
Premonition
Absinthe And Rue
Rapture Or Pain
The Raging Season

---Could ALL use a re-recording with Russ on vox and better production.

I say leave The Damnation Game alone. But if you must re-record some of the songs, let it be these:

Dressed To Kill
Savage Curtain
The Haunting

and maybe Secrets too with possibly A Winter's Dream Pts. 1 & 2 as one track. But I really say don't touch either Winter's Dream OR TEOF. they're fine as they are.

I still don't think Damnation Game needs to be re-done at all, not even re-mastered. I think it sounds fine the way it is.

I didn´t vote any of the DG songs, I think they are fine as they are. Well, I lied, I voted for "In a Winter´s Dream" just because I´ll love to hear them both in one track. Also, as in "Masquerade ´98" where added some nice details as the intro and the outro, I´ll like to hear what would change or maybe orchastrate MJR on "Premonition", "Absinthe and Rue", "Rapture or Pain" and "A Lesson Before Dying", the songs I voted of the self-titled.

I think a "Fan CD" or something with at least two re-recorded songs of the debut album or 2 remastered versions of DG songs (or at least one of each) would end this discussion. But that´s too much to ask I guess...

Doubleyou tee eff who the fuck would vote the edge of forever? Thats like putting a mustache on the mona lisa. Or making Greedo shoot first.