The "Those of us who frequent this forum" thread

Yeah i was supprised that so many frequent users seem to all be from one area!

Maybe Scotland is a stronghold of heavy metal fans! Who knows, anything is possible in this world!

Anvil some some those pics are very good. I like the ones of the tree blossom, looks very good and the colour is really good in them.
I also like the one with those tree stump things in that lake. Where is that? It looks really cool!

Lord SteveO said:
Anvil some some those pics are very good. I like the ones of the tree blossom, looks very good and the colour is really good in them.
I also like the one with those tree stump things in that lake. Where is that? It looks really cool!

Thank you. That tree stump picture is actually at a lake called "Foley Lake", along with all those waterfall pictures being from there also. Foley Lake is east of Vancouver, BC in the city of Chilliwack. Very lovely place.

Kenneth R. said:
I used to frequent this forum, but sadly, I no longer do. I have a few reasons for it, and I will not go into them here. As for pictures, see avatar.
Oh, the egodrama.

Get over yourself, neighbour. When the only defense you can muster towards an idea you disagree with is to toss around ad homs and spout off conspiracy theories about evil Nazis, there's a reason no one takes you or what you say seriously.

The above passive-agressive guilt-trip is highly illustrative of your instability.

Neith said:
I'm also from Scotland, well I have at least lived here since I was 1, so I regard myself as Scottish, not English. I have lived in the same area of Aberdeenshire all my life. Considering I took the following pictures from a mobile phone, they are onot bad!

A school trip up Bennachie last August:

Bennachie2.jpg

Bennachie.jpg

This was taken about two weeks ago, about 5 miles from my house:

02-03-06_1450.jpg

Wow, these are taken with a cellphone? Good fucking job. Those are fantastic. One of these days, I'll visit Scotland, and it'll be grand.

Blaphbee said:
Oh, the egodrama.

Get over yourself, neighbour. When the only defense you can muster towards an idea you disagree with is to toss around ad homs and spout off conspiracy theories about evil Nazis, there's a reason no one takes you or what you say seriously.

The above passive-agressive guilt-trip is highly illustrative of your instability.

I actually partly agree with you for once blaphee--not your personal insults, but your questioning of why he stopped posting. I hope Kenneth, that you didnt stop posting because others have different opinions than you. If you got tired of the board--as I am sure all of us have--thats fine, but I always felt you argued your case quite well.

speed said:
I actually partly agree with you for once blaphee--not your personal insults, but your questioning of why he stopped posting. I hope Kenneth, that you didnt stop posting because others have different opinions than you. If you got tired of the board--as I am sure all of us have--thats fine, but I always felt you argued your case quite well.

I get pretty heated up with some of the discussions I have with everyone here, as well as some of the opinions I see written by others.

No doubt others feel the same way with things I have written! But I think over time, we've all got to know each other to an extent, and have learned more patience with the discussions.

For some time, I felt a bit angry coming to this forum because of the extremities of some of the opinions, but now I feel better about it because I'm the same myself, and also because of the fact that everyone simply wants what I want - a place to chat intelligently about things which we all feel are serious and important.

Regardless of our differences of opinions, it's becoming a good way for ALL of us to learn new things.

After a bit of teething, I actually feel like this forum is starting to get somewhere. A good somewhere.

Blaphbee said:
Wow, these are taken with a cellphone? Good fucking job. Those are fantastic. One of these days, I'll visit Scotland, and it'll be grand.

Yup, a Motorola! Technology these days eh? And thanks. Scotland is pretty, and as Lord SteveO points out, there must be more heavy metal fans than I would ever have thought. Then again, they say that Glasgow is home of the Goths.

Neith said:
Yup, a Motorola! Technology these days eh? And thanks. Scotland is pretty, and as Lord SteveO points out, there must be more heavy metal fans than I would ever have thought. Then again, they say that Glasgow is home of the Goths.

Those photos were really nice. As my parents moved to Inverurie from Inverness I've also been up Bennachie a few times. So that's at least 3 of us on this forum who have! Amazing!

Norsemaiden said:
Those photos were really nice. As my parents moved to Inverurie from Inverness I've also been up Bennachie a few times. So that's at least 3 of us on this forum who have! Amazing!

Crazy! Everyone should post pics, you never know, we could walk past eachother in the street and never know! So, I live about 20 miles away from Inverurie towards Keith. This is quite wierd. We seem to be taking over the board too, apologies everyone!

Wow, we're all so close and never knew it! Lol.

Ah well i live in Aberdeen city centre, so i don't get out to the countryside all that much. But when i do i usually take my camera and try to get some nice photos.
Sadly i missed most of that cool snow we had recently as i was away offshore for a week when it was really heavy. Still got to see it all melting though and the coast looked really cool from out at sea, with all the land white with snow.

I won't get into a heated argument about why you're wrong :p

I think both places are cool, just prefer Aberdeen as it has less "unsavoury types" than Glasgow.
Though i'm not a fan of Edinburgh i must admit!

I'm in partial agreement with you both. I like Aberdeen, it can be quite cool but Glasgow is also pretty good because there is more diversity.

What's so bad with Edinburgh? I've never been but everyone else I know say that it is nice.

And thanks Final Product.

Well i just don't like the capital because it just feels so fake.
Sure it's a Scottish city but everyone there is either a tourist or is trying to act like they are a real scotsperson from the highlands, when in fact most have never been there.
The news shows in Scotland seem to worship the place even though a lot goes on elsewhere and the people who i've met from there seem to act like they own the country, even though most of them rarely travel about the highland areas.
In short, it's a capital city which just seems out of touch with what the country is really all about.

That's just my opinion though!

Lord SteveO said:
Well i just don't like the capital because it just feels so fake.
Sure it's a Scottish city but everyone there is either a tourist or is trying to act like they are a real scotsperson from the highlands, when in fact most have never been there.
The news shows in Scotland seem to worship the place even though a lot goes on elsewhere and the people who i've met from there seem to act like they own the country, even though most of them rarely travel about the highland areas.
In short, it's a capital city which just seems out of touch with what the country is really all about.

That's just my opinion though!

I'd totally agree. I think Edinburgh is predominantly empty of Scots, and it's now assumed a fake-Scot persona to deal with the endless tourists looking for the Scot-Stereotype.

It does remain a beautiful city, however.

I'll agree it is a cool city itselft, pitty about the people!

Has anyone here ever been into the part underground, there's apparently like a whole city underneath the current one? Supposedly they just built over the old one when they had to expand and there's meant ot be entire streets down there and stuff.
Never been but it sounds quite cool! An entire city burried under another city!

Thanks for that. It's freezing cold in Scotland and, as much as I wish it did, philosophy doesn't keep you warm enough. I'll post some pics in due course.

Lord SteveO said:
I'll agree it is a cool city itselft, pitty about the people!

Has anyone here ever been into the part underground, there's apparently like a whole city underneath the current one? Supposedly they just built over the old one when they had to expand and there's meant ot be entire streets down there and stuff.
Never been but it sounds quite cool! An entire city burried under another city!

Yes, you can take the underground city tour. I believe it departs from the Royal Mile pretty much daily. It is quite fascinating in parts, but much of the good stuff is closed off. You get to see a few interesting things, though.