The "Those of us who frequent this forum" thread

Okay, so I haven't been here for a while, but I noticed that there's only one page of threads. What happened to all the other threads??

edit: I'd hit it

I'm meeting up with Justin S. today.

I will get the Being and Time thread started in the near future. Apologies (apologetics?) for the delay.

I dont have any Danish. My favorite Dostoevsky novel though. Its choppy and disorganized and the prose is especially rushed even for Dostoevsky, but the ideas, characters, and some passages within are I think really the best work he ever did.

Oh, some pics of my fiancee, and the both of us.

m774caf1e987baef09ca64dut8.jpg

lb70c2d34554b76f53f6c97tc2.jpg

le53185b3cfddcd4e822320dx6.jpg

Speed,

I missed this post, so forgive the delayed response...but your fiancee is indeed a beautiful lady. Now I know why you are/were really so distracted throughout the day - nevermind all that existential conundrum claptrap...the truth is revealed!!

Speed,

I missed this post, so forgive the delayed response...but your fiancee is indeed a beautiful lady. Now I know why you are/were really so distracted throughout the day - nevermind all that existential conundrum claptrap...the truth is revealed!!

Yeah, its rough. At least I spared you from seeing her swimsuit model pics. Actually, shes a very intelligent and passionate girl with some very deep and interesting philosophical ideas.

It is a shame that it is so difficult to personally meet some of the forum regulars at a gathering or party of some sort. I am now living a mile from the beach, so if any regulars are interested in stopping by, they are welcome.

I will be away on holiday for the next week. I'll update the B&T thread when I return.

Since it seems most of the 'old' members at least still check in occasionally, but seem to be dwindling off, I thought maybe I should try a weird and soppy 'you guys have changed my life' post before it's too late :lol:

I was pretty 'well versed' in informal discussion / debate / thinking when I turned up here, but you lot blew me away. I had of course encountered plenty of people I considered more capable than myself in the course of my life, but in the discussions here I saw reflected some potential within myself and life that I wanted to grasp. I'm sure I was on my way to the waters of 'formal philosophy' at some point in life, but the people and discussions here made it interesting, motivating, and somewhat accessible ;)

I'm not the sort to take interest in things purely for interests sake, greater understanding and thought applied to my existence has and will continue to change my life, in a manner I currently think to be good :)

For interests sake, I'd be pretty comfortable attributing the break up of a not very great 7 year relationship and commencement of a degree (my first) in psychology, in some large part, to this forum :lol: Yes, I am 'happier', both with the present and the future, now...

that's awesome, B.

I'm one of those people who really doesn't give a shit about contributing some fine detail to academia; the hope of contributing to something of worth a few hundred years from now. Philosophy has to be relevant to our lives---OUR lives. Life's too short to be concerned with things that don't affect us which we aren't getting payed to concern ourselves with. I'm glad you've found it to reap rewards.

The loquacious libertarian himself: (couldn't figure out how to use the damn time-delay function as I did not have the manual sooooo...)

me1kr6.gif

Since it seems most of the 'old' members at least still check in occasionally, but seem to be dwindling off, I thought maybe I should try a weird and soppy 'you guys have changed my life' post before it's too late :lol:

I was pretty 'well versed' in informal discussion / debate / thinking when I turned up here, but you lot blew me away. I had of course encountered plenty of people I considered more capable than myself in the course of my life, but in the discussions here I saw reflected some potential within myself and life that I wanted to grasp. I'm sure I was on my way to the waters of 'formal philosophy' at some point in life, but the people and discussions here made it interesting, motivating, and somewhat accessible ;)

I'm not the sort to take interest in things purely for interests sake, greater understanding and thought applied to my existence has and will continue to change my life, in a manner I currently think to be good :)

For interests sake, I'd be pretty comfortable attributing the break up of a not very great 7 year relationship and commencement of a degree (my first) in psychology, in some large part, to this forum :lol: Yes, I am 'happier', both with the present and the future, now...

Then perhaps you should be thankful some of the old guard don't post anymore, otherwise you may have been spouting right wing, anti-multiculturalism propaganda from ANUS by now!

I think you have been doing a fine job of moderation, and wish you well in your personal life. I hope you're not having a existential criss.

I'm merely bored with forums, many of the topics, and have less and less time.

Our Anus friends are perhaps discovering we live in a right-wing fascist society anyway, devoid of the slogans and policies of racial purity, tradition and other such symbolic nonsense, and have decided to give up preaching as the end is near anyway. I think our Heidegger contingent has decided most on this board are not worthy of the enlightenment and revelation of the philosophical prophet Herr Heidegger, and have thus moved on.

When it isn't almost 5 in the morning I plan on reading more of the posts here.But for now a little about me. There isn't much to say compared to the first few of you I read through.Im 19, and a high school drop out living in a shit town on the East Coast of Connecticut USA. I play guitar in a band called Mercy Fades and I have a baby boy named Greyson on the way.I love all types of music ranging from all genres of metal to some of the most random punk to folk and huge variety of other genres.I have a very close knit group of friends that consist mainly of my band and the girlfriends, but I get along with almost everyone i meet.I love to read everything from Sci Fi and fantasy to technical manuals so i can slowly teach myself to program to the poor mans james bond series(the whole band has yet to grow out of the pyro stage)......but i guess thats enough for now.Its now 5:04 and my mind is wondering to other things like sleep.I look forward to talking with all of you in the future though. :)

I'm also from Scotland, well I have at least lived here since I was 1, so I regard myself as Scottish, not English. I have lived in the same area of Aberdeenshire all my life. Considering I took the following pictures from a mobile phone, they are onot bad!

A school trip up Bennachie last August:

Bennachie2.jpg

Bennachie.jpg

This was taken about two weeks ago, about 5 miles from my house:

02-03-06_1450.jpg

And me:

me21.jpg

love the pix i love scotland the nature the calm and the sunsets
"The Ancient Civilisations of the Meditteranean and Middle East,"
wow sounds great if you want to know more about mediterrainian stuff ask me because i come from there im from south italy but i am born in zurich and since then i live here too i am ahuge finland fan and i love to travel too in the year 2000 i went to oz for 6months i loved it so that i decided to go back in 2001 for an other 6months

i dont study but i cook with really intelligent heartfull mentaly retarded ppl i love my job very much

i love metal diffrent cultures thier story and food culture of thier countrys.i like to go to galleries i could sit hours long in front of a beautiful painting carlos schwabe,frida kahlo and hand ruedi giger are my fave ones

all in one i try to see the good even in the bad things

and this is me:
l_7112b8e8530f284cab1c7fdf4a8e40fd.jpg

Well since I guess we can throw artwork in here. Here is something I made for my art class when I was in college long ago. It looks better in the back, by the build up of electric parts. Lets just say my Dad had alot of outdated computers over the years being in the mortgage business. Some stuff was ripped off old broken RC cars, wired telephones, and etc. AND YES I GOT HIGH OFF SOLDER FUMES LOL:loco: Being older than 29 years, it's been an appreciation to see everyday on the masterpiece near my bed side. And no it can't play anything, I can't intonate it.
YgElZuj.jpg

Last edited: