The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Oh man, the new uneXpect rules so much. It is alot less chaotic than their EP, well, at least the chaos is alot more formalized and controlled. The bass is superb, and is so far the best part of this for me :)

cookiecutter said:
Any good?

Check their myspace tracks. I had the album in my hands within an hour of hearing the samples.

edit: Just listened through it. The album starts out slow but the songs get better as the album progresses.

Dark Tranquility and In Flames have always been on similiar levels through the years(both even switched vocalists in the beginning). All the old material is iron maidenish death metal and the newer stuff is still melodic just with more electronic and pop influences. Dark Tranquility regardless in the now is the much better band.

It's ok to find both these bands similiar. When you think deceased sounds like napalm death and at the gates sounds like death then that makes no sense!

Is anyone here into Forefather (UK)?

I've only just discovered this band, and I have been reading up on them. They sound exactly the sort of stuff I am looking for at the moment, some nationalistic English metal with folky elements.

In fact along the same lines as ideas I have had for my own project(s).

Does anyone listen to them, or know which their best albums are?

Spectacular Views said:
i believe some of their members post/used to post on UM (as in were actual members not just guys who joined to promote their band)
Yeah, he still posts but not on GMD, on Opeth forum and some other ones. I found it out accidently, dont think I promote them, lol.

Hanger 18 said:
I love Cathedral so much, im putting a Doom metal band together, with members of my old band and others.

A friend and I love cathedral and doom generally but we play death metal. When we play doom metal we sound so typical and cliche more than if we play death metal.

I love early 90's finland and swedish death metal the most regardless. Maybe in a few years will try and play neat doom with clean vocals(like say candlemass,solitude aeturnus).

If you ever record post it!