The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Hammer of Might said:
Is anyone here into Forefather (UK)?

I've only just discovered this band, and I have been reading up on them. They sound exactly the sort of stuff I am looking for at the moment, some nationalistic English metal with folky elements.

In fact along the same lines as ideas I have had for my own project(s).

Does anyone listen to them, or know which their best albums are?

yes! Forefather fucking own. Ours is the Kingdom is fucking great! :kickass:

received my wooden box copy of the new Agalloch today. I'm absolutely floored. The box, the pictures, the stickers and even the little baggy of ashes...all of it is absolutely amazing. The artwork by A. Tolonen of Nest is equally nice as well.

and the t shirt fits great. love it.

MetalNoob said:
Shit cool man, I just started a doom band, but it's more in the field of Candlemass (older stuff).

Good lad!

I'm really, REALLY loving Ihate records at the moment.

I just got sent Isole - Throne of Void (like early Candlemass meets Solitude Aeturnus on downers, booze) and Fall of the Idols (Pentagram hits Reverend Bizarre in the testicles with a bottle of wine)

Ihate records - not releasing anything shit since inception...

Hammer of Might said:
Is anyone here into Forefather (UK)?

I've only just discovered this band, and I have been reading up on them. They sound exactly the sort of stuff I am looking for at the moment, some nationalistic English metal with folky elements.

In fact along the same lines as ideas I have had for my own project(s).

Does anyone listen to them, or know which their best albums are?

Send me some stuff mate. My email is in mu profile.

Nice one.

BurningWitch said:
Anyone know where I can get a Tales From The Thousand Lakes shirt from the internet?

I bought one recently from relapse.com getting it in like 2,3 days.

by far my best shirt.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Does anyone listen to Burzum anymore? I have not heard a single person ever mention Burzum besides myself. It may not be great, but I'm just wondering if anyone likes it.

quite a number of us are pretty big burzum fans.

:lol: How much of a Maiden rip-off is the intro to Devil Lee Rot - "Hellmachine"? Sounds just like the song "Iron Maiden". It's great though.