THE THUNDER DOME

I don't remember reading much at the time Jnr was suing Snr, but was Snr blaming him for everything then?

Reactions: redfly
Kind of hard to remember. I mostly remember Jr saying that Dave was going to turn over Megadeth to him after Dave said he was done when the arm thing happened, and then reneging. And owing Jr like $18 million. Then after that I think Dave started saying Jr had been the fly in the ointment on things and saying his playing wasn't very good.

Reactions: Slammed
Dave needs someone to blame because people keep asking him who's fault it was. I've said it before I'll say it again, I like the fact that Marty has remained as quite as he has about it and I hope it continues. Maybe one day they will stop asking Dave the question but they only do it because they know Dave wont keep his mouth shut.
Maybe he's been quiet because he knows he was one of the main reasons that album went the way it did. Again, Dave talks out of his ass a lot but he also has no problem with hurting feelings and being straight up. While on the other hand Marty has come across as a whiny little bitch quite a few times tbh.

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
Kind of hard to remember. I mostly remember Jr saying that Dave was going to turn over Megadeth to him after Dave said he was done when the arm thing happened, and then reneging. And owing Jr like $18 million. Then after that I think Dave started saying Jr had been the fly in the ointment on things and saying his playing wasn't very good.

Yeah I can't remember what I was doing at the time but I kind of missed out of nearly all that fighting and arguing. By the time I switched back on they'd kissed and made up.

I think "straight up" is a matter of opinion since it's coming out of Dave's mouth. This is the second time you've said Marty was being a little bitch. That's something that also came from Dave's mouth and I'm not sure what the reference is?

Dave has said Marty is a little bitch? Didn't know that. Can you link me to it? For some reason you seem to think i echo other people or lie about gifs im using like i have some personal beef against Marty when i can say the same thing about you guys constantly talking shit about the man that basically defines and IS the band. But i really dont care, he's not my uncle or something.

The guy always seem to sound like a whiny little woman anytime the band or Dave is mentioned. That being said i dont remember calling him a bitch last time, just whiny ... which he naturally is.

Maybe he's been quiet because he knows he was one of the main reasons that album went the way it did. Again, Dave talks out of his ass a lot but he also has no problem with hurting feelings and being straight up. While on the other hand Marty has come across as a whiny little bitch quite a few times tbh.

I wouldn't mind betting he was one of the reasons, but Dave has always been the leader and I can't see Marty (or anyone) dictating without Dave's agreement.

I'm not saying Marty hasn't been whiny, I just haven't seen it, but I also haven't listened to and read every interview of his since leaving Megadeth.

However I do think there is a very fine line between being whiny and being straight up, especially when the media are involved. The amount of editing both printed and video interviews get these days is a joke and believing one interview while disbelieving another is not always sensible.

Dave has said Marty is a little bitch? Didn't know that. Can you link me to it? For some reason you seem to think i echo other people or lie about gifs im using like i have some personal beef against Marty when i can say the same thing about you guys constantly talking shit about the man that basically defines and IS the band. But i really dont care, he's not my uncle or something.

The guy always seem to sound like a whiny little woman anytime the band or Dave is mentioned. That being said i dont remember calling him a bitch last time, just whiny ... which he naturally is.
I think you're reading more into me than intended. I was joking because it so closely echoed what you had said last week. I don't remember what it was on. But it was Dave in an interview about Marty when he left, saying that it was because Marty had anxiety and came to him crying and Dave mimicked it. There may have been more to it, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember.
I don't think talking about the things Dave has said and his changing of reasons for things is shit talking.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I wouldn't mind betting he was one of the reasons, but Dave has always been the leader and I can't see Marty (or anyone) dictating without Dave's agreement.

I'm not saying Marty hasn't been whiny, I just haven't seen it, but I also haven't listened to and read every interview of his since leaving Megadeth.

However I do think there is a very fine line between being whiny and being straight up, especially when the media are involved. The amount of editing both printed and video interviews get these days is a joke and believing one interview while disbelieving another is not always sensible.
i completly agree, there's no way that Dave didnt agree and isnt the one calling shots. Which is kind of funny and fucked up. And i never said otherwise so i dont know what you mean by believing one and not the other. If anything i see it as Marty never manning up and taking any credit for the album that albums(and almost the bands) downfall.

Dave Mustaine is one of the backbones and founding members of thrash metal, more so than any Testament member. So you guys better show some respect to the almight MegaDave around here! :p

But it was Dave in an interview about Marty when he left, saying that it was because Marty had anxiety and came to him crying and Dave mimicked it.

that's fucked up and kind of expected from a well established asshole like Mustaine.

And consistently calling Dave a liar is not that different and in some ways worse than me saying Marty is whiny.

edit: reference is in almost any interview where he talks about Dave or the band during those times.

I'm not calling Dave a lair. I'm just bringing up the fact that he flip flops a lot.
The most negative thing I've heard Marty say is that he was bored. Other than that he's said Dave was great, Megadeth was great and that Dave gave him total freedom with is solos.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Pete's always been a good drummer, it's good to see him back after his back issues.
Apparently back in the Morbid Angel days of Altars, Dave Vincent played Pete a drum sequence from a sped up drum machine but told him it was a real drummer. Pete was pissed that someone was faster than him so he practised until he was faster than the machine. Not sure how much truth is in that but it's kind of funny :)