THE THUNDER DOME

:tickled:

Shit! I thought he invented metal and then the world. I have so much to learn about the lord and savior. I should start a donational fund for him so he can bring all his wisdom down from the mountain to the people!

I do sense you are mocking him but with such and attitude you could obviously do with a dose of education from the school of KK

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
i dont think what plays on the radio or not has to do with the actual heaviness of the music. Sweet Leaf still gets played on the radio and its far heavier then everything we just talked about. And i wouldn't expect a raw, vicious and aggressive album like KiMB to get played on the radio. But i dont think that actually has to do with the heaviness of the music and has more to do with what i used to describe the album. I'd say KIMB is more metal/metallic, but Youthanasia and Countdown are faaaar heavier. And yea Youthanasia is definitely more accessible and softer in attitude and spirit, but again i dont think that has much to do with the actual heaviness of the album. Same with Slayer and God Hates Us All, that album is heavier than a lot of their other work, but tame as fuck in comparison to say Reign in Blood or Hell Awaits. I also think Low and Demonic are heavier than The Legacy and The New Order, but nowhere near as fast, aggressive and in your face as either of those two albums. But yeah i guess we all have our own definition of what heavy is heh. To me its just the fat, crushing weight of the sound ... which is not really a part of most of thrash from the 80's and there's nothing wrong with that and thrash will alwyas be #1 in my book and no other form of music att came close to matching the sheer speed, aggression and intensity of thrash.

Reactions: redfly
I heard Youthanasia played on afternoon radio. I've never heard anything from KIMB.

Really I heard someone do a cover of These Boots on day time radio, was some chick and it sounded old :p

The only thing of 'deth that I have heard on commercial radio/TV is the intro to Set The World Afire that a sports show used to use as the outro to ad breaks.

Metallica, even parts of MOP gets played on TV here occasionally as intros an outros to ad breaks on the car racing. Dio gets used on a car ad and Sabbath get the occasional ad but hearing full songs still only happens on music clip shows or late night public access radio or youth radio.

i dont think what plays on the radio or not has to do with the actual heaviness of the music. Sweet Leaf still gets played on the radio and its far heavier then everything we just talked about. And i wouldn't expect a raw, vicious and aggressive album like KiMB to get played on the radio. But i dont think that actually has to do with the heaviness of the music and has more to do with what i used to describe the album. I'd say KIMB is more metal/metallic, but Youthanasia and Countdown are faaaar heavier. And yea Youthanasia is definitely more accessible and softer in attitude and spirit, but again i dont think that has much to do with the actual heaviness of the album. Same with Slayer and God Hates Us All, that album is heavier than a lot of their other work, but tame as fuck in comparison to say Reign in Blood or Hell Awaits. I also think Low and Demonic are heavier than The Legacy and The New Order, but nowhere near as fast, aggressive and in your face as either of those two albums. But yeah i guess we all have our own definition of what heavy is heh. To me its just the fat, crushing weight of the sound ... which is not really a part of most of thrash from the 80's and there's nothing wrong with that and thrash will alwyas be #1 in my book and no other form of music att came close to matching the sheer speed, aggression and intensity of thrash.
Yeah I don't find sweet leaf all that heavy. For me speed and aggression are tied into heaviness. So, agree to disagree! As long as we all enjoy our metal! :headbang:

Shall we all sit and listen to Miley Cyrus now? :)
tenor.gif

the main riff from Sweet Leaf is one of the heaviest riffs of all time and Sabbath were heavier than most bands, and they weren't really that fast or aggressive. But yeah, whats more important is that we all seem to enjoy the same music and bands :kickass:
Oh I do find that riff heavy. But I don't think the whole song keeps that heaviness. One of my favorite Sabbath riffs is the beginning of Electric Funeral. Fuck it's heavy. That riff is fucking godlike.