THE THUNDER DOME

Maybe someday when I mellow out I'll like it. :)...not KK's book. Risk.

I can't really talk, I own RISK and not long ago admitted to really liking God Hates Us All.

I'm off to buy KK's book by the look of it :)

Reactions: redfly
GHUA came along at a time when I was a fucking wreck. I don't give a shit if the songs don't sound like traditional Slayer, I don't care if the lyrics are stupid to me it was an aggressive album. I could easily get out lot of aggression out with GHUA just like I could get aggression out with a song like Leave Scars but DA. Others don't see GHUA that way and I'm fine with that there is plenty of other stuff I think is shit that others claim is the epitome of metal.

Risk on the other hand is just an album I can listen to without hating but I'd still knee Dave in the nuts if he asked me what I thought of it.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Genres annoy me and I don't pretend to know exactly what jpop is but Marty did a lot of stuff while he was in Japan, which if I remember was pretty much from just after his Mega-exit wasn't it? To me some of what he's done isn't metal, but I don't care. There is some stuff I wouldn't listen to again, but I don't think less of him for doing it. But the fact that he hid(?) in Japan for ten years and the fact that he seems more genuine when he does make comments doesn't make me think the Mega-split wasn't partly his fault either. FWIW I also blame Jnr despite many suggesting he's just a puppet for Snr.
Lol I don't think he was hiding in Japan. He lived there, worked there and I believe married a Japanese woman. That's not hiding, that's just living right?
I'm strictly talking about his solo albums. Because that's his main musical outlet. Like I said I know he's done some popish weird shit. but I believe it was years after leaving Megadeth. I'm sure all the splits are partially everyone's fault. Some people disagree with Dave, some people just don't do things the way Dave want's :p.
The evidence that Dave can be a giant dick has been all around us for decades. He loved shooting his mouth off. He embraced it. And he did it very publicly. Doesn't mean I don't like Dave. I do. I think Dave is awesome. I'm only saying one of them has a very public history of talking shit and changing his story. He does seem to have mellowed the last few years and done a lot of really good charitable things. And I haven't seen his kids on the internet trashing him so he's probably a good dad. So props.
But maybe Marty is a lying dirt bag piece of crap that forced Dave into writing an entire album changing the sound and direction of the entire band? You never know!
Lol you blame Jr for Sr? lol

Reactions: Slammed
Youthanasia is one of their thickest, crunchiest, heaviest sounding albums though. And yeah it's not as aggressive as their early albums, but the heaviness of music has almost nothing to do with the aggressiveness.
I find heaviness and aggression pretty intertwined. Unless you're talking about Doomy type metal. but with thrash, to me they are connected. Youthanasia is a heavy record, but it's not exactly doomy and it's not exactly thrashy. It does have that crunch and groove that makes it heavy. But in their catalog I personally wouldn't say it's in the heavy end. It's more on the lighter side for me. IT's very polished and crunchy and well heavy. but it doesn't have that aggressive attitude and I find aggressive attitude heavier than a more slow groove riff. but that's just me.
Just because I don't put it in the heavier end of Megadeth doesn't mean it isn't one of my favorites.

Lol I don't think he was hiding in Japan. He lived there, worked there and I believe married a Japanese woman. That's not hiding, that's just living right?

Hiding from Dave :p

And I haven't seen his kids on the internet trashing him so he's probably a good dad. So props.

He moved to Buttfuck Lala land so his daughter could pursue her country music career. I agree props to him!

But maybe Marty is a lying dirt bag piece of crap that forced Dave into writing an entire album changing the sound and direction of the entire band? You never know!

Blabber and MI want to talk to you, expect their phone call tomorrow :)

Lol you blame Jr for Sr? lol

If the shit fits...wear it!! I blame Snr for Jnr as well.

Oh I reckon Jnr found Snr many times, found him passed out on the bus. found him passed out in the toilet, found him passed out in the gutter!!

It is pretty amazing with the things Mustaine has been through and done. Yet he's got his kids and been married to the same woman (the mother) for years and years. He's doing something right for sure.

Yeah I don't know if his missus was into the drugs and stuff like he was but to stand by him through it all must mean he did something right.

:tickled:

Shit! I thought he invented metal and then the world. I have so much to learn about the lord and savior. I should start a donational fund for him so he can bring all his wisdom down from the mountain to the people!

Reactions: Slammed
I find heaviness and aggression pretty intertwined. Unless you're talking about Doomy type metal. but with thrash, to me they are connected. Youthanasia is a heavy record, but it's not exactly doomy and it's not exactly thrashy. It does have that crunch and groove that makes it heavy. But in their catalog I personally wouldn't say it's in the heavy end. It's more on the lighter side for me. IT's very polished and crunchy and well heavy. but it doesn't have that aggressive attitude and I find aggressive attitude heavier than a more slow groove riff. but that's just me.
Just because I don't put it in the heavier end of Megadeth doesn't mean it isn't one of my favorites.
i don't think heaviness and aggression are intertwined at all(hardcore punk for example). But lets just say i agree with you that in thrash they are, we both agree that Youthanasia isnt that thrashy so that doesn't really apply here either. It's definitely light in spirit, attitude and aggression. But in no way is a more vicious, aggressive and assaulting album like KiMB for example heavier than Youthanasia. I would actually say that its easily one of, if not their heaviest album. Same can be said for Slayer's God Hates Us All, it's one of their heaviest records, but to me it sounds like shit.

Yeah I can't judge different genres by the same rules. Not that it's a rule. Just my opinion of how the music effects me. I'm not sure I can agree that KIMB isn't heavier than Youthanasia. I heard Youthanasia played on afternoon radio. I've never heard anything from KIMB. Youthanasia is a softer kind of heavy, more likable. And in my opinion that makes it less heavy. Not all of it. Just some songs and some parts of songs. I don't know it's tricky subject. It's not something there really is an answer to.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity