THE THUNDER DOME

Very true.

I don't know if what he said is true that he's released 40 albums in the time it's taken DT to do 4 albums?!
I can name maybe 3 of his projects lol.

Yeah they were.. are? a good band.

Reactions: Slammed
He has been productive. I know of Sons, Flying Colors (their latest wasn't that good), Metal Allegiance, Winery Dogs, and there was another mix and match band recently I can't the name of. But I think he's played on other bands albums as a guest too.

Meanstreak were quite good for an 80's thrash band that had little to no mainstream advertising (that I remember). Three of the girls ended up married to three members of DT

Reactions: redfly
Hatriot popped up on my FB feed yesterday with pretty pictures of themselves. Been a while since they were spamming FB every day with messages.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
She looks like my sister in law at that age (although to be fair my sister in law looks like a generic Asian, the kind you can't find in a crowd of people :) )

Japan and China have a lot of protégé musicians. I know there is jokes about how the parents force the kids into an instrument and they do nothing other than school and practise the instrument but whether that's entirely true or not they do produce some amazingly talented kids.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
She looks like my sister in law at that age (although to be fair my sister in law looks like a generic Asian, the kind you can't find in a crowd of people :) )

Japan and China have a lot of protégé musicians. I know there is jokes about how the parents force the kids into an instrument and they do nothing other than school and practise the instrument but whether that's entirely true or not they do produce some amazingly talented kids.
Yes. I'm the one who makes those jokes/truth :p

Lucky for me my in-laws have a sense of humour because I make those jokes too, although they don't really have any connection to their father's heritage any more anyway.

Nope, my grand father was a travel agent for about 40 years and he did heap of trips to different parts of Asia. In the 70's and 80's he organised a few trips with Mum and Dad but never us kids.

Haha, yeah my grandparents and parents have been everywhere, I'm not nearly as traveled as they are/were. My dads' parent's drove across the middle east in the 30's. My grandfather and two woman as white as can be. Imagine trying to do that these days!

I'd love to go to Japan...just as soon as they invent teleporters! :)

My parents did a little bit of travelling but not that much, they've done more around Australia.

I've got a world map here which my grandparents had hanging on the wall with pins on it showing where they had been. The map is A0 size (which I think is about 34 inches x 47 inches or thereabouts) and when I took the pins out of it there was 392 of them. I know my grandfather was a shrewd salesman and pretty much only sold travelling packages so he could go along for free but I'm sure he went to hundreds of places I wouldn't even know.

Yeah Japan would be a place I wouldn't mind visiting.

Yeah it took me ages to remove them all, but handling the poster was dangerous with them in. Not only did they visit a lot of places my grandfather was also an avid photographer, the kind of person who thought those back home wanted to see multiple shots of every place they went. Over the years he threw some out but when he died we cleared out over 100 photo albums.

Yeah it took me ages to remove them all, but handling the poster was dangerous with them in. Not only did they visit a lot of places my grandfather was also an avid photographer, the kind of person who thought those back home wanted to see multiple shots of every place they went. Over the years he threw some out but when he died we cleared out over 100 photo albums.
Yeah, same here. I have six big boxes of slides of my grandmothers from various trips to Korea. I have a cool wooden police baton and some other stuff they brought back from there. Pre Korean War.

Thankfully my grandparents never did slides, my uncle did way too many of those shaky home movies of trips they did which thankfully disappeared. I did collect a lot of very old stuff from my grand parents house when we cleaned it up but unfortunately we don't know the story behind most of it because my grand mother died relatively suddenly and in the years that past my grand father refused to talk to about any of it.

Yeah, it was the way he lived his life. To be honest we were surprised he didn't off load everything before he died just so the family didn't get it.