THE THUNDER DOME

He always told his sons that he got nothing from his father so don't expect anything from him. He kind of lived by it, but he was from a different generation and he really wasn't the best father or grand father because he didn't know how to be. Basically told me that as the younger son if I didn't go into the Army I was wasting my life. My brother was the oldest so he was expected to marry, have kids and keep the family name going. We both stuffed that up those because we both had girls :)

Reactions: redfly
RIP Neal.
It's interesting how little respect Rush get in Aus. They aren't hated but so few people actually know who they are, let alone what songs they sing and it's always been that way for some reason.

Well they are among metalheads and Steve now thinks he's a comedian so he's got some fans but I think Rush are probably more known than that, just not to the level they are around the world. Rush worship in this country would be at a very low level whereas it seems overseas fan groups of the band are really massive.

Reactions: Neptune
This is my fucking nightmare. Waking up to shit like this! I had no idea he was sick in that way. My god. I don't think there was a more influential drummer on the planet. RIP Neil. A true giant.

I can't believe it happened Tuesday and we're just hearing.

Fuck You Cancer.

Reactions: Slammed
That's actually a bit shocking. I just assumed Rush had the same impact everywhere.

It is shocking. Right now Rush and Neil Peart are being talked about on a few of the Aussie forums I read but its the first time in more than 6 months those threads have been posted in. Very few record shops ever have a Rush section, more often than not they have one or two albums in stock just stuck in the R section. Their fan base here always seems to be closet fans until something like this happens, its just weird.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I saw that this morning. As much as the guy was an influence on everyone and a great drummer I really wish these sites would consolidate their tributes to him. I'm all for letting people know that people are saddened but it seems like 90% of the articles on Blabber are people remembering the guy.

I saw that this morning. As much as the guy was an influence on everyone and a great drummer I really wish these sites would consolidate their tributes to him. I'm all for letting people know that people are saddened but it seems like 90% of the articles on Blabber are people remembering the guy.
I'm actually kind of heartened that people are still taking the time to put them out.

Reactions: Slammed
I do agree I just wish they could be all put together under the one heading or something