THE THUNDER DOME

Holy crap. Bleh!

It got worse yesterday, then it was a stinking hot night and it's been as humid as fuck today and it promised rain. Now some areas are suffering through flash flooding from downpours. What a wonderful day :)

Reactions: redfly
Time to move?

Not really, up in the north it's tropical so it's either hot and humid all year around or it's cyclone season. South of here it's freezing cold 8 months of the year and I hate the cold. To be fair I don't mind the warmer whether but on school days even though the kids get kept inside if it's over about 100F it's still a prick going out to get them and to get the wife etc. When the tiled floor is sweating because the humidity is so high it's annoying, but heat without humidity is not so bad.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
They should combine Bluntman and Chronic with the Terminator!

Bluntman would kick the Terminators arse!!

I wonder if the Reboot was in part a way to test the water for a B&C movie after all the entire Reboot was talking about it. If Kevin got enough support and good words for it maybe it's a way of keeping Jay and SB alive without actually keeping those characters going and having them become less entertaining.

Damn man what the hell. I hope those fire areas get some of that rain!

Some of the fire zones have had rain, some down he road from here a few hours got three months of rain dumped on them in an hour. It's positive but it does make it hard for the fire fighters. However this rain isn't enough to put them out fully and more fires are sparking up every day. Now the country's capital Canberra where all the politicians hide is under major threat and many of the surrounding areas are under threat for a second or third time in as many months. Many of the burnt areas are becoming accessible to the residents so people are getting back to find out what's been lost and farmers are finally being let back onto their farms to deal with the dead animals so the healing is beginning but it's going to be a slow process for many.

It's the lives that we are loosing that hurt the most, many species of animals decimated, colonies wiped out, bandicoots, koalas, birds and other creatures, it's a massive lost for man and animal. I actually don't remember a fire season where we have lost so many fire fighters, most of these guys are volunteers who give up their time, their jobs and risk their lives for others. Sure they know what they do is dangerous and they know they are risking their lives whenever they go to any fire but it's a massive loss to communities when it happens. We lost an American C130 water bomber only a week or so back, all four on board died and it's the third aircraft we've lost this year. The fires are no longer on the news but they are still burning. I give kudos to bands like Obituary (who toured here two weeks ago) who are still using their FB pages to make people aware that the fires are still burning. It's good that they are raising money too but actually keeping people aware that this wasn't just a fire that lasted a few news cycles is important.

Bluntman would kick the Terminators arse!!

I wonder if the Reboot was in part a way to test the water for a B&C movie after all the entire Reboot was talking about it. If Kevin got enough support and good words for it maybe it's a way of keeping Jay and SB alive without actually keeping those characters going and having them become less entertaining.
Hell yeah! Bluntman And Chronic in the hizouse!

That's a good thought. It's be cool if they actually did it.

Reactions: Slammed
Some of the fire zones have had rain, some down he road from here a few hours got three months of rain dumped on them in an hour. It's positive but it does make it hard for the fire fighters. However this rain isn't enough to put them out fully and more fires are sparking up every day. Now the country's capital Canberra where all the politicians hide is under major threat and many of the surrounding areas are under threat for a second or third time in as many months. Many of the burnt areas are becoming accessible to the residents so people are getting back to find out what's been lost and farmers are finally being let back onto their farms to deal with the dead animals so the healing is beginning but it's going to be a slow process for many.

It's the lives that we are loosing that hurt the most, many species of animals decimated, colonies wiped out, bandicoots, koalas, birds and other creatures, it's a massive lost for man and animal. I actually don't remember a fire season where we have lost so many fire fighters, most of these guys are volunteers who give up their time, their jobs and risk their lives for others. Sure they know what they do is dangerous and they know they are risking their lives whenever they go to any fire but it's a massive loss to communities when it happens. We lost an American C130 water bomber only a week or so back, all four on board died and it's the third aircraft we've lost this year. The fires are no longer on the news but they are still burning. I give kudos to bands like Obituary (who toured here two weeks ago) who are still using their FB pages to make people aware that the fires are still burning. It's good that they are raising money too but actually keeping people aware that this wasn't just a fire that lasted a few news cycles is important.
Fuck man, the loss of animal life is astounding! Just shocking. I hope they will bounce back. And I hope whatever is left isn't taken out by the feral cats. And obviously the human life. I don't want to seem insensitive to that. But holy shit. So many animals.
I honestly didn't know if the fires were still going. Stupid news.

Hell yeah! Bluntman And Chronic in the hizouse!

That's a good thought. It's be cool if they actually did it.

I reckon Kevin could have some fun with a super hero movie like that. The only downside might be the available budget, most of his stuff seems to be made for a DVD/Bluray market rather than the cinema so the budget might only be small. But then again some good movies have been made on small budgets.

Fuck man, the loss of animal life is astounding! Just shocking. I hope they will bounce back. And I hope whatever is left isn't taken out by the feral cats. And obviously the human life. I don't want to seem insensitive to that. But holy shit. So many animals.
I honestly didn't know if the fires were still going. Stupid news.

One of the problems for the surviving bandicoots, possums etc is the lack of food. Currently there is group doing air drops of carrots and sweet potoato/yams into effected areas so the little animals can get a feed. It's those sort of costs that people really don't see but its happening in various forms all over the country.

We are barely getting news on the fires or the ongoing efforts to help the recovery and we are less than three hours from one of the biggest fire zones. It's unbelievable how the news cycles just forgets stuff. I understand everything Trump does is newsworthy, I understand Brexit is important, to some even Koby's death is important, but when all those things replace local news that is happening in our own backyard it's stupid. It's not even like the fires are being shuffled down the news lists to a lower position, they are being replaced totally.

But I tell you this weather is bloody strange. In Hobart last Friday it was about 103F, today on the mountain that overlooks Hobart they are expecting snow!

One of the problems for the surviving bandicoots, possums etc is the lack of food. Currently there is group doing air drops of carrots and sweet potoato/yams into effected areas so the little animals can get a feed. It's those sort of costs that people really don't see but its happening in various forms all over the country.

We are barely getting news on the fires or the ongoing efforts to help the recovery and we are less than three hours from one of the biggest fire zones. It's unbelievable how the news cycles just forgets stuff. I understand everything Trump does is newsworthy, I understand Brexit is important, to some even Koby's death is important, but when all those things replace local news that is happening in our own backyard it's stupid. It's not even like the fires are being shuffled down the news lists to a lower position, they are being replaced totally.

But I tell you this weather is bloody strange. In Hobart last Friday it was about 103F, today on the mountain that overlooks Hobart they are expecting snow!
I saw that about the carrots! that is really awesome!!

Yeah political bullshit should never get the scoop over something like this.

The weather here has been like that two...but there's nothing wrong. :err:

I saw that about the carrots! that is really awesome!!

Yeah political bullshit should never get the scoop over something like this.

The weather here has been like that two...but there's nothing wrong. :err:

My first thought when I saw it was a little possum on the ground thinking, "What the fuck is that prick doing throwing orange torpedos at me? :)

I don't know if mother nature is reminding us she's still boss or if we've really pissed her off but I do know that it's common this time of year for Australia to be massively wet and hot in the tropics, hot in the middle and cool to cold in the south, it's a long way from top to bottom. I also know that it's important for Australia to have those tropical cyclones, the destruction isn't good but the wet pushes down into summer storms for the middle and gives the dryer parts of the country rain to put out fires. Aborigines have been dealing with bushfires for 40,000 years, sure they didn't have the infrastructure we have now but they knew how to deal with it. It seems like along with urban sprawl we've forgotten that the land has been surviving without human intervention. We obviously can't go back to what it was 40,000 years ago but there is no reason why we couldn't learn from it.

My first thought when I saw it was a little possum on the ground thinking, "What the fuck is that prick doing throwing orange torpedos at me? :)

I don't know if mother nature is reminding us she's still boss or if we've really pissed her off but I do know that it's common this time of year for Australia to be massively wet and hot in the tropics, hot in the middle and cool to cold in the south, it's a long way from top to bottom. I also know that it's important for Australia to have those tropical cyclones, the destruction isn't good but the wet pushes down into summer storms for the middle and gives the dryer parts of the country rain to put out fires. Aborigines have been dealing with bushfires for 40,000 years, sure they didn't have the infrastructure we have now but they knew how to deal with it. It seems like along with urban sprawl we've forgotten that the land has been surviving without human intervention. We obviously can't go back to what it was 40,000 years ago but there is no reason why we couldn't learn from it.
Lol yeah I was wondering how long they looked at the carrots before eating them.

It seems to be a common story. But we seem to insist on trying to fight nature rather than work with it.

If it landed on your head I reckon the first thought wouldn't be to eat it :)

Yeah humans are not helping themselves when it comes to nature, but I'm not entirely convinced that science is always helping either. Some of the things we've done in the name of preservation in this country have had terrible side effects. It's good that we learn but I think any one group that comes along saying they know everything about mother nature is wrong.

I reckon I'd be pissed if a sweet potato hit me on the head, buggered if I know what a little possum would think!

Sometimes it seems like those in charge want to keep putting us in what ever dark ages suits their agenda.

If we did all live in the dark ages it would save on power costs. I'll do my bit by turning off a light tonight.