THE THUNDER DOME

Yeah really I mean I know alcohol was the major factor,but your early 50’s is way too young. I assume because of it the heart just couldn’t take it anymore not to mention the liver and kidneys.

Reactions: Slammed
Everything kills us eventually, some things more than others, but alcohol really can be destructive and often you don't see it coming. My wife lost her Dad and her uncle to alcohol, my uncle died of it last year and none of them were the sort of people you always saw drunk, they just drank too much for too long and once they started to get sick it was a quick ride down. The one thing they all had in common though was that none of them could give up. If Reed was anything like that its not surprising that it took all the support his friends could offer.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Well said Slammed,we’ll just leave it at that and wish his surviving loved ones and dear friends all the best in these times of trouble loss and strife. I too know the feeling of losing people in an untimely manner!

Last edited:
Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I'm too lazy to use all the smilies :poo: and colours so I don't know if they work. But the main problems I have with the site are the videos not always playing in the page and the annoying loading when there is multiple videos on the page. When the page has multiple videos on it the page refuses to load on the last viewed message, it loads seemingly where it feels like it.
Yup your colors are working. I have that video problem every once in a great while. I don't get it. Everything is up to date. I used the color in SNG and then it just stopped working.

Yup your colors are working. I have that video problem every once in a great while. I don't get it. Everything is up to date. I used the color in SNG and then it just stopped working.

What browser are you using? I'm fairly sure my video problem is Waterfox (clone of Firefox) and the way it handles the links to certain videos and the way the owner has them set. I also think the slow loading is because of Waterfox but as much as it's bugging me I don't really want to change...although I'm not sure why.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah really I mean I know alcohol was the major factor,but your early 50’s is way too young. I assume because of it the heart just couldn’t take it anymore not to mention the liver and kidneys.
My ex girlfriends friend died of liver failure a couple years ago in his late 40's. He just wouldn't stop. I also know a woman who was in her mid 40's that died of the same thing. Alcohol is dangerous because it's everywhere and so easy to get and cheap if you really need it to be. If you have issues with it it's so easy to scratch that itch and give yourself that relief/high.

What browser are you using? I'm fairly sure my video problem is Waterfox (clone of Firefox) and the way it handles the links to certain videos and the way the owner has them set. I also think the slow loading is because of Waterfox but as much as it's bugging me I don't really want to change...although I'm not sure why.
I'm using Windows Edge with Google.

My ex girlfriends friend died of liver failure a couple years ago in his late 40's. He just wouldn't stop. I also know a woman who was in her mid 40's that died of the same thing. Alcohol is dangerous because it's everywhere and so easy to get and cheap if you really need it to be. If you have issues with it it's so easy to scratch that itch and give yourself that relief/high.

The weird thing is that so few people would call themselves an alcoholic yet the term alcoholic actually refers to anyone who depends on alcohol to function. That covers so many people. When I was in my 20's I not only thought I needed a few drinks after work, a few on a hot day, a few before sport, a few after sport... etc etc, I actually aimed for them at the end of the day. I wasn't drunk every day and some days it was only a few drinks but I was always looking for that drink at the end of the day. It's the definition of an alcoholic even if it's not to the extent heavy drinkers are.

I'm using Windows Edge with Google.

I don't use Edge much unless I'm designing and I use it to make sure a page works. But there is some TV channel streaming services in this country I know that only work in Edge and government websites used to almost insist on MS browsers because that's all the IT department designed for. Chrome is a PITA but everything else is based on either Edge, Firefox (Netscape of old) or Chrome anyway so if you are having problems with one eventually you'll have problems with all. (Isn't that a positive outlook :) )

The weird thing is that so few people would call themselves an alcoholic yet the term alcoholic actually refers to anyone who depends on alcohol to function. That covers so many people. When I was in my 20's I not only thought I needed a few drinks after work, a few on a hot day, a few before sport, a few after sport... etc etc, I actually aimed for them at the end of the day. I wasn't drunk every day and some days it was only a few drinks but I was always looking for that drink at the end of the day. It's the definition of an alcoholic even if it's not to the extent heavy drinkers are.
I'm really glad and probably lucky I got alcohol out of my system when I was a teen, cause I loved it. But then I just stopped one day. Until I was like 25 and my friend came from Oregon. It was New Years eve. I drank so much! Woke up massively sick. I didn't know you could be that sick, I'm pretty sure I had alcohol poisoning I probably should have went to the hospital. Then it was nothing for years, now I'm lucky if it's one drink a year. Although since moving here I've been having some wine. Like a bottle every few months. Probably like 3 bottles in a year lol.
It's boring here! Lucky certain other things are completely legal.

I don't use Edge much unless I'm designing and I use it to make sure a page works. But there is some TV channel streaming services in this country I know that only work in Edge and government websites used to almost insist on MS browsers because that's all the IT department designed for. Chrome is a PITA but everything else is based on either Edge, Firefox (Netscape of old) or Chrome anyway so if you are having problems with one eventually you'll have problems with all. (Isn't that a positive outlook :) )
HA! Awesome.

I'm really glad and probably lucky I got alcohol out of my system when I was a teen, cause I loved it. But then I just stopped one day. Until I was like 25 and my friend came from Oregon. It was New Years eve. I drank so much! Woke up massively sick. I didn't know you could be that sick, I'm pretty sure I had alcohol poisoning I probably should have went to the hospital. Then it was nothing for years, now I'm lucky if it's one drink a year. Although since moving here I've been having some wine. Like a bottle every few months. Probably like 3 bottles in a year lol.
It's boring here! Lucky certain other things are completely legal.

Driving a truck pretty much cured me. I wont lie and say I've never driven the truck with alcohol in my system but in this country truck drivers aren't allowed to have any alcohol in their system so I pretty much gave up except for the odd occasion. It also felt weird getting home at 10am and going for something alcoholic. Kids and being the only driver in the house did the rest of the curing. I do drink a bit more now that I did when the kids were babies but I still only go through maybe three bottles of bourbon a year and maybe 20 cans of beer or cider in the same time.

Nothing else is legal here expect cigarettes and that's only because the government make a shitload off the taxes and haven't worked out how to tax weed the same way.

Driving a truck pretty much cured me. I wont lie and say I've never driven the truck with alcohol in my system but in this country truck drivers aren't allowed to have any alcohol in their system so I pretty much gave up except for the odd occasion. It also felt weird getting home at 10am and going for something alcoholic. Kids and being the only driver in the house did the rest of the curing. I do drink a bit more now that I did when the kids were babies but I still only go through maybe three bottles of bourbon a year and maybe 20 cans of beer or cider in the same time.

Nothing else is legal here expect cigarettes and that's only because the government make a shitload off the taxes and haven't worked out how to tax weed the same way.
The little things that line up to save us :)

I've always thought it pretty insane that alcohol and ciggs were legal and weed not. Here it's pretty much do to one guy way back named Ansinger or Anslinger I've forgotten which.

The little things that line up to save us :)

I've always thought it pretty insane that alcohol and ciggs were legal and weed not. Here it's pretty much do to one guy way back named Ansinger or Anslinger I've forgotten which.

Driving a truck was dangerous, especially between midnight and day break, I didn't need alcohol to make things worse :)

It does seem strange, weed can be as destructive as the other two but I think governments and leaders are scared of what could happen. I know in this country alcohol and tobacco were never illegal so no government had to be the one legalise them whereas weed is illegal and changing the law would leave whoever changes it open to a shit storm if the once illegal product started killing people.

Driving a truck was dangerous, especially between midnight and day break, I didn't need alcohol to make things worse :)

It does seem strange, weed can be as destructive as the other two but I think governments and leaders are scared of what could happen. I know in this country alcohol and tobacco were never illegal so no government had to be the one legalise them whereas weed is illegal and changing the law would leave whoever changes it open to a shit storm if the once illegal product started killing people.
I guess weed can be as dangerous if you have a large amount and it falls on your head and kills you :). I think the problem is they don't want to lose face. All these governments have put so much money and resources into fighting it and vilifying it and used it as a scapegoat for lots of things for decades that to legalize now would be admitting they were wrong or that it was pointless. I am sure that's the problem here. It's only legal in a handful of states. Whereas Canada who never really had our "War On Drugs" campaign legalized nation wide with no problems.