the "tour review thread"

I'm going to Providence too (with 6 of my friends) and I don't know what band will open the gig. I just hope that DT will play as long as possible... I mean, we go from Montreal just to see DT!

oh and I'll be wearing my "Absolut Svensk" t-shirt with a swedish flag on it. hehe, I bough it in Sweden! So if you think you see me (and I'll probably be the only one with such a t-shirt), say hi!

Insolent bastards, this should have been posted in the [FILL IN THE BLANK] thread. How dare you spam the board with your petty bickering!

(*psst* I'll be there too, probably with a Carcass shirt on :) )

Humanure (deperately trying to avoid doing homework)

Originally posted by Humanure
Insolent bastards, this should have been posted in the [FILL IN THE BLANK] thread. How dare you spam the board with your petty bickering!

i didn't say anything about insolent bastards! :p
and we already have plenty of choice when it comes to us tour threads (three going). :)

rahvin. (petty bickerer)

Oh, I know....I meant nothing by it. Like I said, I was just trying to waste some time....and I've been in a silly mood all day for some reason. Maybe cause I get to see DT in a mere 41 hours :D

Humanure (who gave up his homework long ago...I mean what are the chances of him getting quizzed 2 weeks in a row? :s)

sept.26-JAXX Springfield VA
Sentenced went up first. i thought they kicked ass. even though they didnt move around a lot they sounded really tight and played some killer songs. Ville(?) seemed kinda drunk, but it didnt effect his performance. a good warm up for what was to come
they played: (not in order)
Nepenthe
Bleed
The Suicider
Please Excuse Me While I Kill Myself
Everything is Nothing
Brief is the Light
The Sun Won't Shine
Warrior of Life

Dark Tranquillity. holy fucking shit were these guys amazing life. tight as hell and great stage presence. the singer was in the crowd the whole time and was totally into it. he had a big smile on his face throughout the set. easily one of the best live bands ive ever seen. lets hope they come back in a month w/ Arch Enemy. setlist: (not in order)
Wonders At Your Feet
The Treason Wall
Haven
Punish My Heaven
The Sun Fired Blanks
Monochromatic Stains
Final Resistance
White Noise, Black Silence
Zodijackyl Light

KSE sucked from what i heard. I didnt stay for In Flames. ive seen them 3x already and im not into the new cd. DT should've headlined. they were worth the price alone. i got a pic w/ bassist from Sentenced and a pic w/ Niklas Sundin and Bjorn (IF) afterwards. all in all a killer night. DT rules.

\m/ :mad: \m/

went last night to the Springfield VA show..

Sentenced were boring, but I'm not too big a fan of those guys anyway.. *shrug*

DT was fucking GODLY! I didn't realize they were that good live! So much energy from Stanne (as everyone has already said)

KSE and In Flames were alright, but the highlight of the night was of course DT.. that'd be cool if they came back opening for Arch Enemy, just those two bands.. I'd leave after DT though.. AE = bleh.

Me and the guy I was with stumbled back to where the bands were before the show. We got some quizzical looks like: wtf are you people doing back here? An amusing episode. All the DT dudes were sitting around a table; Anders from In Flames was off to the side like, stroking his dreads and shit. :lol:

all in all, awesome show.

more metal bands do need to come to BALTIMORE though, dammit.

Just came back from the NJ show. Short and to the point review:

1)DT ruled the fukkin show
2)Sentenced was ok. Not too much into them
3)That other band sucked
4)In Flames was ok. Played Clad in Shadows, there's a lil change. Either it was an ok show for everyone or I'm just burnt out on seeing them. 3rd time this year and all the same songs.

Going to bed.

Yeah...just woke up from the show last night...

Only stayed for DT, Sentenced, sat in the Rock room for all of KSE, and saw the first for IF...had to leave though, because i wasn't sticking around in New Brunswick till 5:45 for a train.....

I'm happy tho...got a whole bunch of pics, tho i don't know how they'll turn out. Didn't see any other forum people there, but then I wasn't really looking. If you saw the dude with a spiked armband with a really hot girl in a corset, that was me and my gf.

My only regret is that I couldn't stick around to get stuff signed. I'll just have to hope that if they come back through, its not during my finals week.

~Kovenant

I'm sure as hell interested. Post away. Or do you mean as email, not on this forum? If so, I'll put the pics on my homepage and post them on this thread (or the tour one it will probably be merged into).