the "tour review thread"

Really hot girlfriend at a metal show? Was she wearing a borrowed metal t-shirt and thinking about how you owe her a Dave Matthews concert? :p

Not sure how to post pics here, so I could send them to you by e-mail and then you can take it up from there.

I also sent them to the official web site, so I might be able to get a link from them, that people could go to.

Dude, the really cute girls are into real metal. I've seen so many of em it's sick. Prob is, the ones that usually talk to me are the crazy goth lookin ones. Sux. But I think I saw ya last night. U were on the left side/centerish in front of the stage?

I was right about in front of Henriksson the whole time... kept getting pushed farther forward. I'll see if I can get my pics developed soon... most are of H and Stanne...tho I may have gotten one of Sundin.

~Kovenant

to all the folks who replied to my question of what is selling out and how in flames went about doing such...

okay, so we've defined selling out as changing your appearance and changing your sound to make more money...correct me if im wrong here...but, that said...i think saying any melodic death band or gothenburg, has sold out is slightly south of absurd. they add some techno and to most people thats a sign of them making more money? come on folks, get real. techno aspects added to music does not equal more money. you cannot say that they have dropped their melody, or their guitar skill, because they havent, just added a little more beat, changed the style a bit. and all the sudden theyre trying to make more money? has it ever occured that constant shredding and melody may get a little fucking boring to the people playing it? i mean, im not telling you that you have to like it, just open your mind a little bit. in reality, people bitch when 3 albums in a row are all the same, and bitch when they change from album to album, i see no consistancy here. so what do you want? in flames to change it up a bit, or for every album to sound like the last one? on another note, whats wrong with playing with a little techno equipment? it can add interesting aspects to the music. create sounds that guitars and basses and drums or vocals cant create. and really, even the bigger mainstream techno-metal bands dont make a lot of money (static-x, fear factory, drykill logic). and arent even really mainstream. anyway, thats my two cents. i dont think in flames has sold out, just changed....or rerouted so to speak...and i think thats cool...BTW..does anyone know the total album sales for R2R? im interested to know how much exactly theyve made in sales...wonder if theyve gone platinum like actual mainstream acts such as (f)eminem...:lol:

Here are some images I shamelessly stole from IF forum.

niklas3.jpg

anders.jpg

niklas.jpg

niklas2.jpg

Ok, I'm sufficiently recovered 2 days later to post this...

I was in Providence for the last stop on the US tour... I went as a massive In Flames fan who owned Damage Done and Projector and love both (especially DD), and had heard some of Gallery, Haven and The Mind's I...

From the second DT hit the stage, I was blown the fuck away. I haven't ever gone from waiting for a band to come out to such a complete sense of awe and adrenaline ever in my entire life. Mikael Stanne is a fucking God. Every pair of eyes in that building were on him constantly and every larynx was being punished by screaming along with him.

I was on the far right up front, leaning against the big amp stack. Shaved head, grey shirt, 6'2" if anyone saw me. In his rampant crowd interactions, Mikael kept coming over to perch on that amp. During Monochromatic Stains he leaned down, got about 3 inches from my face, and we looked each other in the eye as we both belted out "WHAT WILL GIVE IN FIRST....". It was an experience I shall never forget.

I spoke with him after the show was over outside, and as drunk (by then) as he was he remembered me from being up front and thanked me for it. Signed my ticket (whole thing, not a stub, since Bjorn got me and my boy in on the guestlist, hehe.)

I'm more of a DT fan now than ever before, and will not hesitate to see them when they come back here, as Mikael said they were - opening or headlining, I'll be there.

My Heaven has been Punished - and I loved every second of it.

NP - Darkane - Imaginary Entity

What an experience!!

I never thought they were THAT GREAT!! Stanne is a stage beast, he loves what he's doing and it shows. We met again with Mikael and Niklas and they are really cool dudes.

Here is the exact setlist of the Providence, RI gig (played in that partivular order):

The Wonders at your feet
The Treason Wall
White Noise/Black Silence
Haven
Punish my Heaven
Monochromatic Stains
The Sun fired blanks
Damage Done
Zodijackyl Light
Final Resistance

So we heard a song from each album except Skydancer, they played the more they can and thet's just great.