The "two Martin's" debate

ScottG

Apr 29, 2001
Long Island
Mendez and Lopez... I watched on another site as people all claimed to know where they are from. Each giving a different answer. As my memory fails me right now, and I don't have the time to do my homework, I'm going to say Spain.

So...what I want to know is; where do you think the two Martin's are originally from?

Originally posted by Scott
Mendez and Lopez... I watched on another site as people all claimed to know where they are from. Each giving a different answer. As my memory fails me right now, and I don't have the time to do my homework, I'm going to say Spain.

So...what I want to know is; where do you think the two Martin's are originally from?

Uruguai :)

someone who talked them after one of their US shows told me that they're from uruguay. or at least one of them is...the confusion continues...

Originally posted by Ante
Uruguay.
Ante would know...right? Well, I know for a fact. It was in an interview. This is my problem with all the interviews I see. I can never remember which one I read it from or which magazine or if it's from the site or from this web site or that...but, I saw it in an interview.

Besides, Anders knows what he's talking about. (right?) :)

Originally posted by Opet
Ante would know...right? Well, I know for a fact. It was in an interview. This is my problem with all the interviews I see. I can never remember which one I read it from or which magazine or if it's from the site or from this web site or that...but, I saw it in an interview.

Besides, Anders knows what he's talking about. (right?) :)

hehehe, well...not always :)
I just listen to what Mickeal Åkerfeldt told me, both comes froms uruguay.

Ante, do you know anything else about them, like when they moved to sweden, etc? My inner stalker is curious. :)

I just can't for the life of me get past the idea of two guys from Uruguay speaking Swedish. :D

Originally posted by ante

hehehe, well...not always :)
I just listen to what Mickeal Åkerfeldt told me, both comes froms uruguay.

Their parents migrated there!!!
I talked to both on the US tour, and they spoke Spanish with each other.

I believe that both Martins moved to Sweden specifically to join a death metal band. Pretty cool huh! :)

As far as speaking Swedish, they had to learn the language when they moved there but they know it now. Although when they talk between themselves it's their native language. If I remember correctly, Lopez told me he speaks 5 languages now!! :eek:

HAHAHA "TWO MARTIN'S" THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!! :lol: lol hasnt anyone noticed that they look exactly the same in the still life booklet !!

Originally posted by Epitaph
HAHAHA "TWO MARTIN'S" THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!! :lol: lol hasnt anyone noticed that they look exactly the same in the still life booklet !!

I know!! It's the same person, I swear. One of them probably had a big zit the day of the photoshoot so the other stepped in.

`OK, we're going to have to make this look different...Martin, let's get you to turn 90 degrees in that direction. Ok...looking good. Make love to the camera!'

Hmm... do I gotta become a great musician to get stalker-chicks?

I thought you could tell them apart in the pictures though... I'll have to look at the still life booklet again.

And yeah, I would expect Anders never met then, since he left before they joined.