The Ultimate SoAPF Poll!

Dantess9226

FINN BALOR
Feb 3, 2011
West Midlands, UK
Right guys, a while back i mentioned we should do a more in-depth poll on our favourite tracks from Sounds of A Playground Fading (as opposed to just voting on your favourite track- it's usually a little less cut and dry than that, we all have a few songs we could call our favourites :) ), so i was thinking we could work it like this...

Award points to your top ranked songs from the album as follows:

10 points - (Your favourite track from the album)
8 points - (second favourite)
6 points - (third favourite)
4 points - (fourth favourite)
3 points - (fifth favourite)
2 points - (you get the picture by now!)
1 point - (honourable mention)

I've seen this done on other forums and it usually gives a more interesting result than just picking one song. We could do this same poll for the other albums aswell (would be interesting to see people's favourites from, say, Whoracle).

Okay i'll start us off:

10 points - The Puzzle
8 points - A New Dawn
6 points - Ropes
4 points - Sounds of A Playground Fading
3 points - Darker Times
2 points - The Attic
1 point- Liberation (couldn't not give it any points!)

Give it a week and we'll add em up :kickass:

If we are to do this SOAPF polls again... let's really make it THE ultimate SOAPF poll.

13 songs - Best song gets 13 points, worst song 1 point.

Just an idea.

I'm not too bothered about the scoring system- lets see if anyone else has any other ideas about how we should score things before we start voting and tallying. Although giving your favourite 13 and second favourite 12... i think it's a little too close knit. That's why in my system the top four favourites have a gap in points between them, and the lesser favourites are just small honourable mentions to your other likes.

Lets see what the other guys think :)

10 points - A New Dawn
8 points - Dead Ships Dwell
6 points - Sounds of A Playground Fading
4 points - Fear Is The Weakness
3 points - Darker Times
2 points - Deliver Us
1 point - The Puzzle

10 points - Fear is the Weakness
8 points - Where the Dead Ships Dwell
6 points - The Puzzle
4 points - A New Dawn
3 points - Ropes
2 points - Enter Tragedy
1 point - Darker Times

10 points - A New Dawn
8 points - The Puzzle
6 points - Fear is the Weakness
4 points - Liberation
3 points - Where the Dead Ships Dwell
2 points - SOAPF
1 point - Enter Tragedy

10. Fear Is The Weakness
8. Sounds Of A Playground Fading
6. A New Dawn
4. Deliver Us
3. Darker Times
2. All For Me
1. Enter Tragedy

But really, I like all songs and my third favorite could easily be the second...Only thing I'm sure of is that FitW is my favorite song of the album.

10. A New Dawn
8. Fear is the Weakness
6. Darker Times
4. Deliver Us
3. Sounds of a Playground Fading
2. All For Me
1. Ropes

10. Ropes
8. Fear is the weakness
6. A new dawn
4. Deliver us
3. Jester's door
2. All for me
1. SOAPF

I just want to point out that giving 100 points to Ropes and 1 to the others would be a much more accurate representation of my preferences regarding this album.

10. Ropes
8. Fear is the weakness
6. A new dawn
4. Deliver us
3. Jester's door
2. All for me
1. SOAPF

I just want to point out that giving 100 points to Ropes and 1 to the others would be a much more accurate representation of my preferences regarding this album.

How is that even possible? I don't know if you're a guy who is more of a ''old'' IF fan or not but loving Ropes that much and the rest of the album just being okay? Sounds weird...Oh well opinions are subjective =)

How is that even possible? I don't know if you're a guy who is more of a ''old'' IF fan or not but loving Ropes that much and the rest of the album just being okay? Sounds weird...Oh well opinions are subjective =)

Have to agree that it is a bit weird... Ropes is a cool song but A New Dawn sounds more old school :D

I must say, A New Dawn grew on me. I still hate the album though.

I agree. Ropes and Liberation are terrible, especially the latter. I literally thought it was Maroon 5 when I first heard it.

I must say, A New Dawn grew on me. I still hate the album though.

I agree. Ropes and Liberation are terrible, especially the latter. I literally thought it was Maroon 5 when I first heard it.
You seem to know awkardly much about Maroon 5. When comparing Liberation to anything off of Maroon 5, I can't say that I agree at all. The similarites are the same as the similarities between anal sex and elk hunting: None.

Ah, so under the rugged metalhead surface, Krofius has a softer, more feminine side... And I ain't talkin' 'bout love...or elk hunting.

DE4life, we did have so much fun the last time, didn't we? ;)

Ah, so under the rugged metalhead surface, Krofius has a softer, more feminine side... And I ain't talkin' 'bout love...or elk hunting.

DE4life, we did have so much fun the last time, didn't we? ;)

You're mistaken my friend, it wasn't me you went elk hunting with... it was Clay-Man o_O

You seem to know awkardly much about Maroon 5. When comparing Liberation to anything off of Maroon 5, I can't say that I agree at all. The similarites are the same as the similarities between anal sex and elk hunting: None.

Maroon 5 is closer to this:

Resulting it being closer to Liberation, having Liberation already being similar to Maroon 5.
It goes a full circle :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:

I do like the old albums much more than the new ones, but it's been a long time since I listened to new stuff trying to hang on to anything that might resemble 90's In Flames. Also, my music taste goes from raw stuff like the early Death albums to mellow AOR rock like this:
Like you said, it's a subjective thing.

Last edited by a moderator: