the unreal3 video

spaffe

Geisterglut
Feb 25, 2002
Sverige
www.skivsamling.nu
this video is the most amazing thing i've ever seen from a computer game, doom3 eat your heart out :D
the details and textures are simply insane and those shadow and lightning effects will make the fastests rigs of today obsolete. it's apparently run on a maching using a geforce 6 card, nothing's said about the others specs though, but i assume their pretty silly.
i'm not a huge fan of computer games in general but games such as this might just make me one

check it out:
http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/demos/unreal3_0002.wmv

Wow... very impressive... probably a bit more detailed than HL2, but if you've seen any of the HL2 E3 preview, HL2 still looks more realistic and less cartoon-like.

xeno, is that the new HL2 video where the player goes on the roof and shows-off the wet tiles and stuff??? That video was absolutely amazing. I can understand how the technology is implemented; UT2k4 has similar reflection map graphics, but the stuff the latest HL2 video showed-off was just so realistic..

Saw it a few days ago, looks extremely impressive. I had to cringe at the Yank-style whooping and hollering though :p

SculptedCold said:
xeno, is that the new HL2 video where the player goes on the roof and shows-off the wet tiles and stuff??? That video was absolutely amazing. I can understand how the technology is implemented; UT2k4 has similar reflection map graphics, but the stuff the latest HL2 video showed-off was just so realistic..
Ummm.... no. That's a technology preview that's older than the E3 trailer.

Do a search for "half life bink video" or go to Fileplanet and download the the Half Life 2 E3 trailer.

It's sooo frikken amazing. I'm telling you.

Oh....interesting. So is this other video NOT the 10 minute one with the lion-ants, the buggy, the zobnies and the rusted blade, the street assault, the strider battle and the steel drums? Cuz i've got that one too.....is there a new one? >_<

The unreal 3 vid was impressive, especially the coloured lighting and shadows.....but then again, it's nothing that Half-Life 2 doesn't look like it's doing better.

xenophobe said:
Wow... very impressive... probably a bit more detailed than HL2, but if you've seen any of the HL2 E3 preview, HL2 still looks more realistic and less cartoon-like.

nah... i don't agree with you there. i've seen a HL2 video called baricade something, and that one hadn't near as detailed textures and as much details