The upcoming LA Danzig/Superjoint Ritual, I mean, Opeth show.

Aethernal

Dec 8, 2001
CA, USA
of-remembrance.deviantart.com
Hey all.

About a week ago, my cousin informed me to my pleasant surprise that Opeth and Lacuna Coil were playing at the LA ampitheatre on May 3rd.
Though tonight, to my revulsion, I saw on ticketmaster that Opeth/Lacuna weren't the headliners. As most of you probably already know, the main acts were:

Fucking Danzig, and motherfucking Superjoint Ritual .:yuk:

I despise the napolean-concepted 'dark-lord' Danzig, and I especially despise the confederate flag waving, whiskey guzzling, sneering Phil Anselmo.

So does this mean that I have to sit through a few hours of horrid filth before witnessing Opeth? Most likely.

OUT OF ALL THE FUCKING BANDS THEY HAD TO PLAY IN L.A. WITH.

I guess there's not much more I can do besides grumble in frustration.

I expect many of you here, even if not attending this show, feel the same way? maybe?

grumble.gif

BTW, what do you think Opeth will play? I would HOPE they wouldn't play the songs they played on the first leg of their tour, damn it was sweet though.

Also take into account that Opeth will probably get a shorter set...

I'm excited, orig. the show was suppose to start at 7:45, but now it starts at 6:15...

I hope that means more time for Opeth/Lacuna Coil/Nile/Behemoth...(More Opeth would be nice :))

What order do you think the bands will play in?

I think:
Behemoth
Lacuna Coil
Opeth
Nile

That is just in the order that they joined the tour...

See cinflames, I'd do the same thing aside from being 15, I probably could make a fake ID no problem, for 16+ but then there is the thing about getting down there...:lol: I don't know anyone who wants to take my ass plus my girlfriend and another friend down to San Diego. *cries* so LA will have to do.

Nile = Good Behemoth = Good and Lacuna Coil = Good :)

I'm not against the lineup of the bands (except for the last two, Danzig and SpritualJ) I'm just against time being taken away from Opeth's set :p

Don't even ask me, all I can say is: the show was going to start at 7:45, but its now starting at 6:15. So that has to mean something I guess...but don't count on ANYTHING