Opeth US tourdate trouble !

can somebody give me a "what the fuck?"

Ok - even though this probably doesn't affect me - it still pisses me off because it might screw over some other fans in other cities.

Opeth's North American tour -

Opeth US Tour 2003 with Lacuna Coil.
Support will be split between Yakusa and Beyond The Embrace

M A Y
1th - SEATTLE,WA GRACELAND
2nd - PORTLAND,OR ROSELAND
4th - SAN DIEGO,CA CANE'S BAR & GRILL
5th - LAS VEGAS,NV HUNTRIDGE THEATRE
6th - SALT LAKE CITY, UT X-SCAPE
9th - AUSTIN,TX BACKROOM
10th - HOUSTON,TX FITZGERALDS
11th - NEW ORLEANS,LA HOUSE OF BLUES
12th - ATLANTA, GA MASQUERADE
14th - WINSTON SALEM, ZIGGY`S
17th - BUFFALO, SHOWPLACE THEATRE
23rd - COLUMBUS, NEWPORT MUSIC HALL

OPETH Added To 'Blackest Of The Black' Tour - Mar. 18, 2003
DANZIG
SUPERJOINT RITUAL
MESHUGGAH
NILE
OPETH

Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

May 02 – Phoenix, AZ @ Mesa Ampitheatre
May 03 – Los Angeles, Ca @ Universal Ampitheatre

what the hell - i'm trying to find out how many dates this cocksmocking Danzig tour is going on - because if anything fucks up Houston date - which took me a lot of mental (YES MENTAL!) duress to get a day off - in inventory period mind you - I will so fucking slaughter everyone's souls! Maybe I'm overreacting - but the people in Portland are pretty much fucked now - did I mention how much I hate Danzig?! Fuck him.

Yeh, I read about the Blackest of The Black tour on Blabbermouth news today..The conflicting dates with's Opeth's headlining tour are indeed weird, and the bands for the most part aren't black metal even though I enjoy Nile and Opeth's music..There must be a mistake here and honestly speaking who IS Opeth's booking agent..The Black Water Park USA tour (at first with Amorphis, and then with Nevermore) hit almost every pocket in the USA..
The Deliverance tour is far more fragmented with two seperate legs..
Sounds like Opeth are double booked between Portand, and Arizona..Wow, strange..
No east Coast dates for the Blackest of The Black tour? I'm sure this tour is NOT 100% booked or confirmed yet..
Opeth's managment/ booking agent wil clear up this mess soon..-l-

Mr. Niel said:
Don't believe it til you see it on Opeth's official page. They still don't have the New England Hardcore Fest confirmed...
It is on Opeth's page. The Portland and Seattle dates have been moved back a couple days to make room for Arizona and LA.

FUCKING BASTARD! I just got a call and the show is now wensday april 30th. Makes me mad... I might not make it because it is not a weekend and loose the money.

Demonspell said:
A bigger problem: Where is the NYC date?
I think this is the second leg of the DELIVERANCE tour... Didn't you go to the Irving Plaza show (total ownage... :heh: )? They'll probably hit NYC later in the year for DAMNATION... hopefully, the sound will be better next time around...

I wanted to see Opeth and Meshuggah on the Blackest of the Black but Meshuggah dropped off. I, too, am hoping for an NYC date. I would much rather have the opeth headlining tour come here because I don't like Danzig or Superjoint ritual

Actually Meshuggah isnt officially off, but their name is taken off the BotB tour site until the dates get more official.

At least thats what I understood it to be..

John Gargo said:
I think this is the second leg of the DELIVERANCE tour... Didn't you go to the Irving Plaza show (total ownage... :heh: )? They'll probably hit NYC later in the year for DAMNATION... hopefully, the sound will be better next time around...

Now where is the FUCKING LOGIC in that ?? didnt that show sell out weeks before ? Not coming to NYC means losing money for them/their promoter. Thats just plain stupid going to places not knowing it'll be a good turn out rather than guaranteed sold out shows.

Im still hoping between 17th and 23th there'll be atleast one gig around nyc-philly-nj

So the Seattle date is now the 29th and the Portland show is the following night. Thank fucking god, I thought I was going to go completely nuts thinking they were going to cancel :p

Also, the Danzig tour won't be any more than 3 shows so I doubt any of the shows in the middle/end of the tour will be affected at all.

I agree..Skipping NYC sucks..I have freinds who couldn't score tics to the Irving Plaza show..Perhaps Opeth could do a gig in Poughkeepsie, NY at The Chance just 90 minutes from NYC..That would be awesome..-l-