The usual thread

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
Which one is your favorite IE album and why?

Mine is Dark Saga,the songs are very good,I love the vibe to it and of course the lyrics,the best lyrics IMO

My fave would be Night Of The Stormrider. Great concept, awesome songs...just a killer album. If I had to rank them in order I guess it would go like this:

1. Night Of The Stormrider
2. Something Wicked This Way Comes
3. Burnt Offerings
4. Horror Show
5. The Dark Saga
6. Iced Earth
7. Enter The Realm

I didn't include Alive In Athens, but I have to go on record and say it's the best live album ever recorded. I didn't include Tribute...coz I don't really like it. :loco:

for now,Burnt Offerings (remastered one),since it seems to be the only album of theirs that I listen to. Granted,the Dark Saga story is fucking awesome,I'm hoping to get all the Spawn comics soon...

-Burnt Offerings (the closest to perfect they've ever come)
-SWTWC (good, varied stuff)
-Stormrider (I love the thrash stuff - higher if not for the vox)
-Saga (good, solid album)
-Horror Show (a bit too overdone, but there's some cool shit)
-s/t (Hate those vox, plus the songwriting is undeveloped)

Yup Something Wicked Brought me into Iced Earth as well, and I happen to be listening to it right now.:p It's probably my favorite album so far. But that doesn't mean much because I only have that. Horror Show, and Burnt Offerrings.

For me, it's Night Of The Stormrider. It's true blue Progressive Power/Thrash, it's got a great story, one of the best concept albums ever and the music is just dark, heavy and at times, a bit catchy.