"The Weakest Link" thread

While he does just about manage to stay in key, he has very limited strength or vibrato in his voice. I just think this music calls for stronger vocals and he is actually quite the opposite, almost restrained in his delivery. He actually sounds like any random dude performing above average karaoke.

Well I disagree, but this is obviously all subjective anyway

Mathiäs;6682133 said:
Well I disagree, but this is obviously all subjective anyway

Absolutely.

Let me ask a hypothetical question: how do you think Operation Mindcrime would have turned out had LaBrie provided vocals instead of Tate?

Singer from Vio-lence.

The other dude in Edge of Sanity, or at least his vocal chords.

99% of most metal bassists because they suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Dream Theatre has like 15 weakest links.

Singer from Vio-lence.
Disagree, but he most certainly takes more than some getting used to
99% of most metal bassists because they suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
True, ot at least they don't do much... And when they do, the other dudes don't get it (including the sound guy) so you can't hear it anyway because of the crappy mix. You know, B. War of Marduk was always an excellent bassist (Not in the band anymore though) for example, but have you heard that?

Anyway, Steve Harris is probably a reborn, smarter Jesus. Focuses on what's important rather than helping lepers.

True, ot at least they don't do much... And when they do, the other dudes don't get it (including the sound guy) so you can't hear it anyway because of the crappy mix. You know, B. War of Marduk was always an excellent bassist (Not in the band anymore though) for example, but have you heard that?

Yeah, unless you've seen Behemoth or Vader live, you'll never know just how phenomenal Novy is

Cant believe the Warrel hate, he's Nevermores strongest member considering how shitty and hit and miss Loomis'es songwriting has been lately.

I say Shagrath. The man in my avatar does better grim vocals anyway, and without the studio effects to help them. Its a crying shame he goes to waste the way he does. Also Labrie, who I agree should have been clubbed at birth. Also, the singer from Eluveitie damn near ruins them for me.

Just fine, seeing that Labrie has performed on albums far superior to OM.

:Waits for the shit to hit the fan:
I'd be tempted to give you shit, if I thought for a second you actually believed that. But I know you don't, evidenced by the fact that I've met you, you have ears, and they work. Regardless, the mere fact that LaBrie is on a disc, makes it a lesser disc that Mindcrime. Though, to be fair to LaBrie, the simple fact that the CD you're comparing to Mindcrime, isn't Mindcrime, makes it inferior to Mindcrime.

Zod

Disagree, but he most certainly takes more than some getting used to

Anyway, Steve Harris is probably a reborn, smarter Jesus. Focuses on what's important rather than helping lepers.
I have not heard much Marduk, if any. Would gladly listen to examples. :) And yes, soundmen are stupid with metal it would seem. When Kayo Dot had their sound dude as a member of the band I thought it was dumb, until I saw them live. Every instrument was extremely clear and the sound was amazing, even in a shitty bar.

LOL at the Steve Harris bit, I agree.

I have not heard much Marduk, if any. Would gladly listen to examples. :) And yes, soundmen are stupid with metal it would seem. When Kayo Dot had their sound dude as a member of the band I thought it was dumb, until I saw them live. Every instrument was extremely clear and the sound was amazing, even in a shitty bar.

LOL at the Steve Harris bit, I agree.

The Marduk albums featuring mr. War are general Swedish Black Metal by numbers, following the script example 1.0 and not much more, but with careful listening you can detect his killer bassing in the background. I'll provide samples of that and other better Marduk works if you remind me every now and then (too lazy atm)

Cool.

Look for a PM and/or Footbalm, you faggot, get in here thread around Q3 2008 when I finally remember.

any chance by then i'll have mail from you? 'cause i honestly haven't the foggiest clue what the fuck you owe me anymore, and should probably have given up a long time ago

Expect yours around the same time, I don't really know either but I'll send some assorted shit with Nasheim and Lethal once I get to it. And let me know if your address changes! And never give up.