Anyone every notice some of the striking similarites between SX and DT?

The Metal Chick said:
I see the truth to this. Yes I'm sure they could grab a bunch of new fans. However, I believe that Symphony X prefers to do headlining tours. Especially with a new album that they're gonna have, they need time to play more than like 5 songs in order to please the fans they already have. And they gotta fit in the Odyssey song, man! Anyway, all this amounts to my opinion that they are better off headlining. They've gained a ton of new fans just by putting out The Odyssey. I think they'll be fine without the help of DT.
I'm sure they will be! And I personally would rather see them headline, and DT headline, without either of them sharing the bill. But if they ever did tour together, I definitely wouldn't mind. And they wouldn't necessarily have to choose either - they could take a slot as an opener and also have their own little headlining tour. I am in a good location for seeing SX luckily, but as an opener they'd probably go to more cities, which would benefit some people as well.

OfSinsAndShred said:
If you look at "V" and "Scenes", I found some more similarities.

V has symphonic interludes at roughly the same spots as SFAM's piano/vocal interludes... both of them make the albums flow from track to track. Then partway through we have Dance of Eternity and Death of Balance: the tracks that are so filled with time changes and key changes that it makes you dizzy. If you look at the order and the kind of songs, they're really similar, too. That always freaked me out a bit.
And, though the concepts are quite different, there is a similar "rediscovery" theme. Nicholas rediscovers his past in Scenes, and civilization is rediscovery theirs in V. :)

This reminds me of a thread in which I pointed out that the path SX's career has taken has quite a few similarities with another band...in this case Iron Maiden: vocalist changes early on, the third album being the most popular one, Egyptian themes on the fifth, epics based on Greek history/mythology on the sixth, etc...

Wicked Inferno said:
only if mustaine reformed megadeth and joined the tour

That is not as impossible as it would seem, since Mustaine got better and recorded some new sound he has put on the Megadeth Page. Maybe there's gonna be a new CD this or next year. :headbang:

Kosh